Any chance to trigger a Sever Reset or train removal?

PapaCharlie

Since the todays update and more players with the playtest, it became more and more unplayable. 

I saw several Servers where kids and people without any interest in reading or understanding smashes random buttons at the dispatchers computer or consoles resulting in endless waiting trains and broken serers again! 

I am completely unable to test the stuff regarding new AI dispatcher behaviour because there is a constant ammount of dudes sending trains in opposite directions to "make races" or because there is absolutely not the slightest understanding of how railway works!!!

This has become annyoing today! 

That is why I am asking if there is a possibility to either trigger a reset or despawn trains.

If there is and will be no such option, we need some serious condiserations of who is playing which dispatcher position! 

• I agree 5

yeah i know what you mean a few hours ago the dispatcher at Lazy hold it for a funny idea to switch the signal in front of me ( 200m ) to red with a fright train you cant stop even when you go to full service 😕 lucky the signal switch 6 m before to green again

Edited by Fightdrug

yeah servers seem to really be loaded today... idk if this game is ready for a release next month, they need another 6 months at the minimum on it or the launch is gonna be interesting to say the least. these guys have worked hard and they deserve the best launch posible.

Possibly as the game or even the test evolves we need to have "invitation" servers or something like The Depot + for Run 8 where only people who are interested in operating sensibly and professionally are allowed in.

This is also one of the downsides to multiplayer in a train game. Just like the griefing and ganking that ruined Elite Dangerous for many decent players you end up with the rowdy element spoiling it. Which is why I'm quite looking forward to the single player test, much as I like to chat and o7 with people I know, being on your own vs. the game removes the unruly element.

• I agree 2

2 hours ago, PapaCharlie said:

Since the todays update and more players with the playtest, it became more and more unplayable. 

I saw several Servers where kids and people without any interest in reading or understanding smashes random buttons at the dispatchers computer or consoles resulting in endless waiting trains and broken serers again! 

I am completely unable to test the stuff regarding new AI dispatcher behaviour because there is a constant ammount of dudes sending trains in opposite directions to "make races" or because there is absolutely not the slightest understanding of how railway works!!!

This has become annyoing today! 

That is why I am asking if there is a possibility to either trigger a reset or despawn trains.

If there is and will be no such option, we need some serious condiserations of who is playing which dispatcher position! 

That's the beauty of private servers. On them, people are interested in a high-quality game. 
And I do not see another more correct and loyal solution that would not infringe on anyone.

21 minutes ago, BigVern said:

Possibly as the game or even the test evolves we need to have "invitation" servers or something like The Depot + for Run 8 where only people who are interested in operating sensibly and professionally are allowed in.

This is also one of the downsides to multiplayer in a train game. Just like the griefing and ganking that ruined Elite Dangerous for many decent players you end up with the rowdy element spoiling it. Which is why I'm quite looking forward to the single player test, much as I like to chat and o7 with people I know, being on your own vs. the game removes the unruly element.

15 minutes ago, hyzwar said:

The solution for now is to start reporting people being AFK, etc.

This will certainly affect, but it will scare away the potential audience. 
We need a solution that would be universal.

Edited by Loongeron

Following idea: 

More driver only Servers.

No dispatcher should be selectable and people are able to test how AI is behaving.

New "training servers". 

There people can train how to operate a selected ammount of dispatcher stations or drive trains with spectator slots where others can explain stuff.

More normal Severs but with explicit warnings or need of a certain experience prior selecting trains or dispatcher stations.

And furthermore the ability to create own servers either located on the own pc or rentable somewhere.

• SIMRAIL Team

The problem is, you cannot predict human behavior in the final product based on a multiplayer-only playtest. Yeah, people are jumping on the servers, clicking random buttons (probably not on purpose, but just trying to do anything and not knowing how), and doing weird stuff, but that's probably because there is no singleplayer element where they can resort to such things. On top of that, the final game will require a certain amount of hours in a singleplayer environment before the game lets you play online with others. 

7 minut temu, TheShotte napisał(a):

On top of that, the final game will require a certain amount of hours in a singleplayer environment before the game lets you play online with others. 

I hope the initial concept about no DS in SP will be revised, at least we get some tutorial.

• I agree 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb TheShotte:

The problem is, you cannot predict human behavior in the final product based on a multiplayer-only playtest. Yeah, people are jumping on the servers, clicking random buttons (probably not on purpose, but just trying to do anything and not knowing how), and doing weird stuff, but that's probably because there is no singleplayer element where they can resort to such things. On top of that, the final game will require a certain amount of hours in a singleplayer environment before the game lets you play online with others. 

and i guess the final release will have mor secure stuff so you cant do stupid stuff 🙂

Guys what I would do is seriously try and find a server that is NOT busy.  West coast USA for example and see if the same issues persist.  I'm not sure if this is accidental and the AI can't recover or what is going on.  Hopefully there is a server log for the devs to look at perhaps?  Even something that would be public since it's a public server such as a viewable log would uncover the issues if anyone is hijacking the server.

Thanks

Sean

Nevertheless, they really do need to get on top of the griefing and mis-play. I just watched a clip on YT where the signaller put a train in the loop at Psary then came out of the signalbox to troll the driver. It's possible once people have to pay to play the game the idiots will disappear. But that didn't happen in Elite Dangerous where Open Play was (probably still is) notorious for griefing and ganking such that I never bothered. The solution there, at least to some extent, was to use a private server (I forget what it was called) where you have to apply to join and conduct was strictly monitored. 

Get a grip on this or the dream of a MMO co-operative train sim will die before it starts.

Edited by BigVern
  • Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it because there will be limits to what you can do in MP and HOPEFULLY ways to report people.  Remember you can see the userid of anyone who is causing issues.  If they are purposely trolling then their username should be reported to the owners for removal and ban from the playtest.  If you see this on YouTube I would report this.

While I was LEARNING I had a driver come jump in front of my face like an idition instead of communicating with me to the point I couldn't see the board.  My rule of thumb is if I can't figure it out in a few minutes I leave the position and the AI can handle it.  As far as I know the AI should be able to restore eveything (or at least I hope).

Thanks

Sean

My guess is someone put a shunting signal or sub signal (I think I have the right name) and it was likely deliberate 😞

As a former long time server host for Run8 since before day 1 I always had the logs to look back on.  So I knew when a client was deliberately trying to sabatoge the server.  

I'm hoping this is just an AI bug but I'm afraid that we've had some issues reported by quite a few now perhaps it's just a handful of people but many people have seen this happening.  If you see it simply report it (you will see their user names if it happens to you or your in the area).  I suspect they are doing this to AI trains.

As another preventative measure AI trains (and players) need to be aware when being routed wrong.  Right now an AI train will not object to being routed down the wrong track.  The signal boxes do have the technology to allow a reverse move.  I'm going to offer some suggstions this morning and see what sticks.

Thanks

Sean