Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

[Need some new perspective/POV/angle for this case] why are some drivers requesting a green signal on Section LK171/133/62/64/8 or at some stations with “PT” stops? are they know that's not gonna help the next section block signals clear faster?

I mean, Basic Red signal means on the railway signaling system that your track/block signal on the next section is not clear. you need to stop. or case at stations with “PT” you need to be overtaken. Not yapping.
quite confused what motive driver yapping like :

• Why are they requesting green signal in first place? 
  • What is the main objective driver to do that?

are they don't know that yapping to the dispatcher that's not gonna help the next section block signals clear faster ?
you're gonna get aspect green clear Vmax when the next signal block is clear. simple as that. 

after so many encountered, here some tier list professional yapping driver :

1. Freight driver. Number 1 professional yapping.
  2. Intercity
  3. TLK
  4. Eurocity
  5. Pendolino (quite surprised why pendolino the least professional yapping, i encountered)
  6. Os

Correct me if i'm wrong & feel free if someone has an opinion/some Point of view/new perspective maybe i’m missing some angle. For now i just see this case from perspective basic knowledge like they don't know : 

• Basic Knowledge railways signaling system & signaling block PKP
  • Basic Knowledge layout & distance between stations PKP
  • Basic knowledge read timetable

or this topic gonna touch perspective from psychology/mental health driver like : 

• Treat simrail like a competitive game ?
  • Lack of patience ?
  • Simrail it's game. no need to seriously.
  • Drive like they are Ryan gosling professional athletes in formula 1 ?
  • bro think he is Max Verstappen ?
  • certified racer ?

maybe? idk. That's why I made this topic.
Maybe I'm gonna get a new POV/Perspective. Why do they do that ?

I don't wanna beat around the bush so this is one of the many case’s i usually encountered when a driver requested a green signal.
(For now just kozlow case, i could make another case but, naaaah to much effort for now)

Kozlow Case

1. Case Intercity 311xx towards LK64

• are they don't know the section kozlow-sprowa 16.7 kilometer. 1 section. 1 train. 1 time ?
    (pendo 31xx with vmax 160kmh + not got hit by ETCS bug need time to clear that section +7 minutes-ish)
    (Intercity 311xx with Vmax 140kmh need time to clear that section +9 minutes-ish)
  • are they don't know Miechow AI sometime late spawn pendo 31xx between 1-4 minutes. pendo delayed your intercity gonna be delayed too ?
  • Average usual/normal distance gap spawn between pendo 31xx and intercity 311xx just 6 kilometer-ish
  • are they don't know sometimes AI tunnel struggle/Can’t make decisions right when tunnel “see” train from chzrnicza + “see” train from miechow in the same time ?
    (Tunel AI messed up decision, your train Pendo or Intercity gonna be messed up too)

2. TDE 412xxx towards LK64

• Read case Intercity 311xx gonna help you make see more wider point of view 
  • Pendo depart kozlow at minute xx:24
  • Intercity depart kozlow at minute xx:32
  • TDE 412xxx  depart kozlow at minute xx:42
  • You're gonna get a domino effect if  pendo 31xx and intercity 311xx late.
  • Nothing good when TDE 412xxx depart first. your train just gonna become troublemaker on line 64 & line 4 (CMK)
  • If we follow a timetable like the holy book TDE 412xxx should get Green Vmax 100kmh all the way until idzikowice. 
  • so, if your TDE train arrives at kozlow minute xx:15-ish, just relax for half an hour. no need to request to depart early. with all due respect your yapping that NOT gonna hel

Timetable Kozlow

image.thumb.png.9c7200ebe72153aa6741a49eb375bc0c.png

Scenario if TDE 412006 Depart First from Kozlow! TDE just create mess on CMK line especially section Wloszczowa północ-Olszamowice
+ Pendo 3108 stop 2-3 minutes-ish at signal PODT. Sprowa cuz section PODT Sprowa-PODG. Starzyny still not clear from TDE 412006
+ more delayed Pendo 3108 that is gonna make a domino effect for Intercity 31108 delayed too section psary-Opoczno poldunie.

image.thumb.png.8db82f698c9127cdd59ac955df2cc50d.png

Scenario if TDE 412010 Depart kozlow on time. don't create troublemaker on CMK Line

image.thumb.png.77f46e957aa24e11c8b7209d0ced671a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Many people here don't know a lot about PKP PLK regulations and/or don't have any patience whatsoever. The constant gibberish on the radio is very annoying. Very often the first thing on my to-do list after loading a station is to mute other dispatchers, especially from Katowice, Sosnowiec, Zawiercie, etc.

• I agree 1

I personally prefer the long stops in some places, especially on a long drive, it allows time for me to get a drink and have a break. Can be a bit frustrating when you don't get held at a booked stop. I understand if a dispatcher wants to get you underway early if they have time to get you through because of other late running trains but it would be nice if they first check you're ready to go or want to pass through. 

As dispatch I always ask. In the case I can send someone early I ask "I could send you early as the train passing you is late, do you still want to be stopped, you might depart a bit later than planned if so" and in the case I stop someone for PT I just say "You will be stopping for your PT to let trains pass, I might be able to send you early, will update you if so" and they just copy or ask about Estimated time till departure.

• I agree 2

I agree with both of you

But sometimes i gotta tell the really-wanna-go-guy that no, you are spending your 30 min pt here cause traffic is getting heavy. They usually leave after that. The chill ones (like me or Perks) go get a drink, some snacks, take a toilet break, etc

The only times i ask if i can go sooner as a driver is when it's like my last or second to last station so that i can finish off the trip

Sometimes though i just don't have much time and i wanna drive as much as i can. But usually i just leave if it's a long pt and try to not pester the dispatcher

• I agree 1

Some stops simply are not instantly necessary.

For example pt stop for 6290xx/6490xx in Bedzin. If this train is on time, you can easily send it behind 401xx ROJ and it won't block the 41xx EIP until Zabkowice, where the ways from these two trains are splitting.

Same can occur with 2440xx in Gora Wlodowska, sometimes the next train behind 2440xx is 241xx, which is only 20 km/h faster. When there is enough space (sometimes like 9 or 10 blocks), 2440xx will also not block 241xx until Zawiercie.

Ensifer
noted. can confirm that from perspective basic knowledge some people still lack knowledge railway signaling system PKP but very knowledge blasting voice or unnecessary chat on server

Perks
Honestly, if many drivers chill and relax like you, if you see the aspect signal red you need a  “PT” stop necessarily for another train or aspect green “no need PT clear Vmax” and understand what they are doing & understand what dispatcher is doing. Communicate with just aspect signals that enough and Dispatching experience is gonna be fire! both parties win!

Sparkles & Atoka
first, yeah i know that kind method “ask driver first, rather than experience driver yapping” unfortunately, that method ask departs early does not worked on Section LK171/133/62/64/8 (but yeah some worked on section 62 no need “PT” cuz AI cant “see” some train and make decision depart early but in process sacrifice another train however, that gonna be different case) 
second, i can confirm again from my encounter & what atoka said. yeaah, after the driver asked for a green signal i replied to that mf driver “blabalabala yadi yada yada” no more than 5 minutes they just yeet! 

if they can’t handle standing still more than +15 minutes to see the red aspect in front of them just yeet. no need to yapping in first place. honestly too much effort in both parties.

mooritz
well if we gonna talk “PT” on LK1 & LK4 (CMK) + zawiercie/Lazy area we need make new topic cuz we gonna encountered different cases, different method, different perspective, Different system signaling & line block and different problem solved but yeaaah same problem yapping from driver. That why i specific for this topic title “section LK171/133/62/64/8 and case from kozlow area” 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Atheramaja:

well if we gonna talk “PT” on LK1 & LK4 (CMK) + zawiercie/Lazy area we need make new topic cuz we gonna encountered different cases, different method, different perspective, Different system signaling & line block and different problem solved but yeaaah same problem yapping from driver. That why i specific for this topic title “section LK171/133/62/64/8 and case from kozlow area” 

fair, I did not read correctly 😄 but I think my example can also be applied for other cases.

16 hours ago, Atheramaja said:

if they can’t handle standing still more than +15 minutes to see the red aspect in front of them just yeet. no need to yapping in first place. honestly too much effort in both parties.

Yeah like, that's what makes freight hauling realistic. Red signal watching simulator 😆

Yes, i usually tell them to leave and take another train then as the server is full of other ones to drive

• I agree 1