Brakes and brake system tutorial

Hello,

I would be happy if there was a detailed tutorial on braking the train in the game. I'm not concerned with when to start braking before a station to stop there effectively, but some players might want to know what a self-acting, locomotive, electrodynamic, spring brake is. Also, how the main lines work, sump pressure, etc. It would be good if the tutorial explained all of this, and players could test for themselves how the pressure in the main pipe behaves when braking with the self-acting brake, how much it brakes with the electrodynamic... Also, the tutorial could give information about how, for example, the electrodynamic brake is used to brake a train on a downhill gradient. Then, for example, that the self-acting brake should not be used for a long time, but only to brake intensively for a while, and then release the brake. Also the brakes should be released slowly when stopping at a station...

I think some players would like to see this tutorial in the game 🙂

Edited by Maty556677
  • Like 4
  • I agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, It's an overlooked topic. When I travled to the black sea in Rumania, I always listened to  the breaks. They used the entire train's breaks each time, all the wagons. And it was a soft gradual breaking each time, they avoided prolong use of them, train stopped right where it needs to. Often sometimes the breaks were left on as it was within the station platform.

• Like 1

Yes please. In general, more tutorials (think of it as a driving school) would be appreciated. For those of us who don't drive actual trains it's really hard to figure the stuff correctly and we're probably doing it wrong most of the time 🙂

• Like 1