ET22 Tutorial Bugged and glitched

Posted (edited)

I finnaly got the Cargo Pack DLC and I was looking forward to the tutorial and learning the systems but I came to see a headache instead. The tutorial runs fine however there are a few issues that I encountered. Firstly why is  there a weird person in the cabin that does not look like a train driver at all. Secondly the main part of this report is the behaviour of the tutorial. The narrator's voice tends to repeat the same scentence over and over again, it should not repeat as it can get really annoying. The next problem i've encountered was during the driving, the tutorial was at the point where you apply power and the locomotive was approaching the station to pick up passangers red signal but the tutorial kept telling me to apply power and would not go past that tutorial point. The tutorial became "soft locked" at that point and could not progress further.

SimRail_log_2024-07-03_10-55-18.txt

Edited by dis0nored

I also noticed that the narrator's voice instruction repeats the same line too many times, this is not quite right. It would make sense if the text remained on the screen. Can this be looked into?

The tutorial also forces cold and dark mode on the locomotive should you accidentally run a red light for a reason. The tutorial does walk you through everything but I am not sure if its intentional or not.

• SIMRAIL Team
W dniu 3.07.2024 o 03:40, dis0nored napisał(a):

The next problem i've encountered was during the driving, the tutorial was at the point where you apply power and the locomotive was approaching the station to pick up passangers red signal but the tutorial kept telling me to apply power and would not go past that tutorial point

How far were you from stop point? Did distance become green? 

5 godzin temu, dis0nored napisał(a):

I also noticed that the narrator's voice instruction repeats the same line too many times, this is not quite right. It would make sense if the text remained on the screen. Can this be looked into?

I will look into it, if I can change it easly. Each switch generates its own request with the same code of text, but different switch for outline.

4 godziny temu, dis0nored napisał(a):

The tutorial also forces cold and dark mode on the locomotive should you accidentally run a red light for a reason.

I don't uderstand this sentence. Could you rephrase it?

• SIMRAIL Team
2 godziny temu, Królik Uszasty napisał(a):

I don't uderstand this sentence. Could you rephrase it?

I believe he meant that the loco shuts down completely and you need to power it up again, when the game teleports you back for i.e. running a red light.

• I agree 1

4 hours ago, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

You will be lucky to get any replies from the developers on here.

If they don't like what is being posted, they just ignore it.

Yeeey, it is lucky!

17 hours ago, Królik Uszasty said:

How far were you from stop point? Did distance become green? 

Re: I was within the platform zone when this happened. The distance did not become green at all which caused me to run past the red signal resulting into a teleportation with that also the locomotive was forced offline by the game where i had to start it up.

• 1 month later...