Clear train to reverse down a line

So I bought this game recently and have been dispatching on lower-level boxes. In particular, I find myself drawn to Gora Wlodowska, a box with two sidings and no main platform, since I like having some control but not too much.

Now, this box in particular has an odd setup. Namely, trains coming in on line 2 can cross over to the top siding and stop at semaphore E, and return to line 2 without a problem. But coming from line 1, there isn't a way to get to semaphore L back onto line 1... Without reversing.

Which is where the question comes in. I've found only a couple threads talking about it, some of which say that reversing will get you automatically kicked, while others implying dispatch can clear a train to reverse. So I ask here what the up-to date procedure is for the dispatcher (or is it even possible).

Image of the sidings attached for reference :classic_happy:

gora_wldowska.png

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Reversing does not get you kicked.

Thanks for the reply. So then, as dispatch there isn't a specific procedure, just knowing that the train is backing up is enough? I.e. how would I clear a train on track 4 (stopped at L) to back up onto track 1?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PonPon:

Thanks for the reply. So then, as dispatch there isn't a specific procedure, just knowing that the train is backing up is enough? I.e. how would I clear a train on track 4 (stopped at L) to back up onto track 1?

As a dispatcher you know your station and should avoid routing a train on track 4 coming from line 1. The normal procedure in my mind would be asking zawiercie for opposite track. Backing up the train onto the mainline should only be done with shunting signals and since the train has some coupled wagons you would normaly need a second man at the end of the train for reversing. Another importend thing is that the train must not be to long when reversingback on the main line since its forbidden to exceed the "end of shunting operation" sign. For excample you cant reverse a freight train back on to the main line 😃

Edited by sf_giants15
  • Thanks 1

• SIMRAIL Team
24 minuty temu, sf_giants15 napisał(a):

its forbidden to exceed the "end of shunting operation" sign. For excample you cant reverse a freight train back on to the main line

It's not, but you need a written order to pass the sign in this case. If he was to reverse the train to track 2 in this case, it's allowed on the dispatcher's order, but still is a shunting operation, which requires lighting a shunting signal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

vor 29 Minuten schrieb GoppelPL:

It's not, but you need a written order to pass the sign in this case. If he was to reverse the train to track 2 in this case, it's allowed on the dispatcher's order, but still is a shunting operation, which requires lighting a shunting signal.

when the train exceeds the entrance signal when reversing onto the main line does the automatic block (in this case 2835) acknowledge that its occupied or can you manually block this automatik block?. if not so wouldnt it be a danger for upcoming trains with a yellow automatik signal?

Edited by sf_giants15

• SIMRAIL Team

If a train passes into 2035, block signals indicate it in the same way as a train passing from 2023 into 2035, there is no risk. However it is highly recommended for a dispatcher to use exit tracks (in this case: 1Z and 2P) as there is no risk that arriving train could crash into shunting train.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • I agree 3

i would suggest when you really need to shunt a train down from the 4 to the 1 use track 2 for shunting because normaly block signals are activated behind the train and a train from zawierce need to have green light on signal G whats controled from the dispatcher and dont get green because the tracks are used by the shunting train 🙂 

but in my opinion i would talk with zawierce to use track 2 to send the train its much safer o7

When a dispatcher sends southbound trains to track 2 or 4, I am in the opinion that the dispatcher has to deal with that.

If shunting is really necessary and that's why someone is reversing (Gora case in my opinion is not included), I will not kick someone.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fightdrug said:

i would suggest when you really need to shunt a train down from the 4 to the 1 use track 2 for shunting because normaly block signals are activated behind the train and a train from zawierce need to have green light on signal G whats controled from the dispatcher and dont get green because the tracks are used by the shunting train 🙂 

but in my opinion i would talk with zawierce to use track 2 to send the train its much safer o7

10 hours ago, sf_giants15 said:

As a dispatcher you know your station and should avoid routing a train on track 4 coming from line 1. The normal procedure in my mind would be asking zawiercie for opposite track. Backing up the train onto the mainline should only be done with shunting signals and since the train has some coupled wagons you would normaly need a second man at the end of the train for reversing. Another importend thing is that the train must not be to long when reversingback on the main line since its forbidden to exceed the "end of shunting operation" sign. For excample you cant reverse a freight train back on to the main line 😃

Realistically, yes Zawierce has enough sidings that Gora Wldowska should only be used to hold the occasional freight, and therefore never have two held trains in either direction. I have, however, switched from other posts to Gora Wldowska and forgotten its strange single crossover. My first time in the post I routed a train there. Fortunately, I was able to cancel the signal, but I spoke to Zawierche and they said using track 2 would cause too many problems.

Regardless, thanks all, if I ever bugger up badly enough to need to do shunting I now know how :classic_laugh:

Edited by PonPon
  • Haha 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PonPon:

Realistically, yes Zawierce has enough sidings that Gora Wldowska should only be used to hold the occasional freight, and therefore never have two held trains in either direction. I have, however, switched from other posts to Gora Wldowska and forgotten its strange single crossover. My first time in the post I routed a train there. Fortunately, I was able to cancel the signal, but I spoke to Zawierche and they said using track 2 would cause too many problems.

Regardless, thanks all, if I ever bugger up badly enough to need to do shunting I now know how :classic_laugh:

not really causing problems you have a window from 30 min were no train comes from zawierce 😉