Option to move in-game chat to another window

Hello,
I would like to be able to move the game chat to a new window. I'm playing without HUD, and I don't want to turn it on every time I hear someone send a message. Often it's a message from a bot, but sometimes it's important and it's a message from a player. If I had the option to put the HUD in a new window, I could drag the window to a second monitor, but in the game itself I would have all the HUD elements turned off.

Thanks

• I agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

i'm hoping that when the input / output system is released, we will be able to do things like make a program that can send the chat messages to our phone or a tablet (running a SimRail app perhaps)   as well as other screens.

And possibly use the phone to reply to the messages as if we were replying to a standard text message.

• Like 2
  • I agree 2

Having a chat option on separate device would be an optimal option for home pulpit solutions. I also hope I/O support will also provide new camera position with a view only from front window (without hasler or any other control instruments)

• I agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I'd like the option to turn off the radio squawk/squelch sound so I don't even know people are chatting crap in the chat even if I've got the HUD switched off!

Edited by DazT

Posted (edited)

@Maty556677 That only turns the sound effect of a radio speech IIRC (ie, how people sound) off, not the noise every time a message is received in the chat box

Edited by DazT

10 hours ago, DazT said:

@Maty556677 That only turns the sound effect of a radio speech IIRC (ie, how people sound) off, not the noise every time a message is received in the chat box

Oh, interesting, didn't knew that

I agree with you