Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

What's the Best Practice for getting Track/Signal IDs?

Hi everyone.

I started to look into the Lua Mission scripting but got quite frustrated by not really being able to easily get the IDs for tracks and signals to bind triggers to, spawn vehicles etc.

What is your way to get these IDs? To me, flying around in the world and relying to the LUA Developer window with the nearest tracks and signals seems quite cumbersome.

image.thumb.png.16fb759c5c3788aa092a63488866d554.png

Is there some map where we have the entire track layout with the IDs that we can reference in out scripts? And if not, is there at least a way to get around the map quicker than just flying around in free cam?

The only way is to fly there and look for the number shown in Lua developer menu. With one of the next patches you should get teleport menu, this is currently missing for public.

• Like 1

Ok, I pictured that there was no fancy way to do this for now. A map would be the best option, since it would not require me to have the game open while writing a scenario.

Thanks for the answer!

• 4 weeks later...
W dniu 11.05.2024 o 13:48, inomushis napisał(a):

Do you guys suggest adding an in-game map?

Przepraszam że w języku ojczystym się wcinam ale tylko taki znam:)  Czy ja dobrze odczytuję że ktoś wspomina o dodaniu map semaforów?  

Co prawda mamy pomoc pod linkiem https://wiki.simrail.eu/Stations/Poland/Overview-sorted-by-difficulty 

Ale problem z nastawniami które nie są dodane. Dańdówka, Olkusz, Wolbrom, Stawiska, Janów, Szabelnia. Ja bym chętnie przytulił mapkę semaforów rejonu Staszic - Dańdówka bo mam plan zrobić sobie własny scenariusz w tym rejonie. 

Jest to możliwe? Taki pdf z semaforami wrzucić np na wiki.simrail.eu?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb misiekczołgista:

Jest to możliwe? Taki pdf z semaforami wrzucić np na wiki.simrail.eu?

There is no need for that, you can use Freefly and Lua developer to see signal names, track names and routes.

You can see track and signal plans of the stations at https://semaforek.kolej.org.pl/wiki/index.php?title=Strona_główna, as far as these signal boxes are not controllable by player we will not add them to the Wiki.

9 godzin temu, Moooritz napisał(a):

you can use Freefly

Freefly używam teraz.  Dla mnie jest to mniej wygodne niż spojrzeć na mapę na przykład Katowic gdzie widzisz cały przebieg na mapie przez cały dworzec. Jestem wzrokowcem. Wolę mapy:) 

9 godzin temu, Moooritz napisał(a):

You can see track and signal plans of the stations at https://semaforek.kolej.org.pl/wiki/index.php?title=Strona_główna,

Fajna stronka. Przyda się.  

• 1 month later...

I think that the best way of signal map would be something available as online website where you can check tracks IDs, semaphore IDs, alternatively generate ready to paste script line for setting up route (from signal A to B for example).