Easy access to "Stop notches" on the power control

Posted (edited)

This applies both to Single player and Multiplayer, but I'm only adding it here.

Basically, I would like a quick way to access some "important" positions on the power controller. I.e. on a modern power handle, where you can move it from Neutral, to the 0-100% power zone, if you are at 100% and you want to quickly set power to zero, you have to keep "-" pressed for a long time until it reaches zero. It would be nice if, for example, pressing "Shift -" would snap it immediately to zero.

With a rheostatic controller, we have several "resting" positions, the ones marked in green on the HUD, where we can travel without resistors inserted, so without overheating problems. It would be nice if still using the Shift key, or any other modifier key, we could "jump" quickly to those positions (i.e. 0, End of series, End of series/parallel, End of parallel). After all, in reality, we can quickly move the controller to the desired position...

Edited by macavity80
  • Confused 1

Did you try it with the left or the right shift key? I'm asking because this is already implemented as you described it, and you can use it with Lshift + "+" and Lshift + "-". This also works with Lshift + whatever brake keys you have bound to go to full or no break application quickly.

• I agree 1

Duh. Now I feel stupid. No, I hadn't tried the Left-Shift, because I always drive with my right hand on the mouse and only the left hand on the keyboard, and Lshift and "+" are much too far apart to be pushed with just one hand.

So now, my next request/suggestion... Make it possible to change the "modifier" to RShift or another key not far from the numpad... unless it can already be done 🙂 But I checked the key bindings and couldn't find that option.