(Dispatcher) Selection menu for CCTV cameras

Hey there,

In Sosowiec Kazimierz you really get to notice how unpractical the current CCTV camera UI is. You have to cycle through all camera views for closing the crossings, interrupted by one camera which doesn't matter at all, forcing you to be stuck in a little loading sequence as the current cam fades out. For that reason, I'd love to see a selection (like a drop down menu) for what camera I want to have so I don't have to see all of them. Even better would be an option for closing the crossings automatically or by pressing just one switch (like they did in TD2).

Seems like a very little complain, but for me it would greatly smoothen the workflow when a train is coming.

Thanks!

• I agree 7

The camera issue needs to be fixed, and quick. Being stuck for 10-20 seconds while the camera image renders (and then again when going back to the box view) is just not acceptable when dealing with a high-paced situation.

Another solution that could work would be rendering camera images in lower quality - resolution, FPS, etc. I assume the real life signal boxes don't have 4K 120fps image from cameras either ๐Ÿ™‚ This would make the loading times shorter.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 8

vor 13 Stunden schrieb the810:

Another solution that could work would be rendering camera images in lower quality - resolution, FPS, etc. I assume the real life signal boxes don't have 4K 120fps image from cameras either ๐Ÿ™‚ This would make the loading times shorter.

I worked in a signalbox with cameras IRL and I can confirm, our cameras had like 50 FPS, also depending on the weather outside...when it was raining, they went to 20 FPS really quickย ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 4