A common place for SimRail related LUA scripting resources

LaTTSUH

Hello everyone!

I'm sure with the new update other people are interested in the new, LUA based scenario system as well. My suggestion / question is to work out some common place we can aggregate our ideas, informations, best practices, tutorials, any kind of common knowledge about the new system. As there are already quite a few sites, wikis for different themed SimRail relevant information, I don't feel necessary to make another one.

So, my aim with this topic is to start a discussion about a possible "hub" for SimRail's LUA scripting related information, which can be accessible for everyone. Please share your ideas, or pros and cons for other one's ideas in the comments below!

• Like 1

• SIMRAIL Team

https://wiki.simrail.eu/en/LUA/Overview

But it's outdated a bit, since some definitions have changed and I haven't had the time to update those. It's also worth of note that one of the reasons why elements like Steam Workshop aren't available yet, is because we expect some changes will be needed as we implement save games which will require scenarios to be updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, Sui said:

https://wiki.simrail.eu/en/LUA/Overview

But it's outdated a bit, since some definitions have changed and I haven't had the time to update those. It's also worth of note that one of the reasons why elements like Steam Workshop aren't available yet, is because we expect some changes will be needed as we implement save games which will require scenarios to be updated.

Thank you so much! This is really amazing!

As I see, this is read only for anyone except the SimRail team. Are there any plans to make this wiki editable by the community?