Route Editor Availability

Hello, I would like to ask the developers when it is planned for the route editor to be functional, please?

Thank you very much for the information, looking forward to hearing from you.

• I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team

Not yet. We still are improving the core game, adding the editor and having it catch up with the game updates would make you wait even longer for progress with both. For example, the currently available scenarios may or may not work with the nearest update, introducing a new scenario system - the new ones can be much more advanced than the old ones though. It's an upgrade for the users, but may cause all the work made by both ours and community scenario creators go to trash. It would be a shame if you made a map, put a lot of work in it, and then had to do all the work from scratch, because something was changed with the game in the meantime. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GoppelPL said:

Not yet. We still are improving the core game, adding the editor and having it catch up with the game updates would make you wait even longer for progress with both. For example, the currently available scenarios may or may not work with the nearest update, introducing a new scenario system - the new ones can be much more advanced than the old ones though. It's an upgrade for the users, but may cause all the work made by both ours and community scenario creators go to trash. It would be a shame if you made a map, put a lot of work in it, and then had to do all the work from scratch, because something was changed with the game in the meantime. 

Thank you very much for your time and the information, Goppel, I appreciate that you are putting a lot of work into the SimRail quality experience! For me it's the best train simulator so far 👍 I was just curious since there was no information in the dev logs. Really looking forward, since the reason I bought SimRail was because of editor and multiplayer 🙂

• I agree 1

Am 18.3.2024 um 11:14 schrieb Maciej_ZG:

Is it planned to provide some "developer guide" for new scenario system to enable community to create new scenarios ?

yes, there will be a documentation

Edited by Moooritz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it would be best to ask this here and not create another thread.

Reading through the private server thread I see that private servers for the Main Routes wont be a thing, but I was wondering if that would be different when the route editor is eventually (hopefully) Released publicly?. For Example, Route editor is released and I make the Hurstbridge/Mernda lines in the 1980s Complete with all the boxes simulated, would it be possible to self host a server because one of the things that makes potentially developing routes and such like for this is the potential multiplayer aspect with the signalling/dispatching and the driving?

• 2 months later...

Would it be possible for dev team to share a bit about route development, please? (with some screenshots) For example, how do you create tracks? Can I use orthophoto images as a guide? How do you import terrain? What kind of projection is the terrain expected to be in?

Thank you very much!

• Like 1
  • I agree 3

• 1 month later...

Hello! Long time without writing here as I'm doing some works at home, I would like to use this post as an opportunity to express some doubts that I have concerning MP, developing and content creation, I would like to have some answers if possible. I only have one short question. 😂

Will be multiplayer compatible with content creation? For example, would it be possible for me to create a route and trains from my country and let people download this content and play it on a multiplayer session? I haven't seen nothing related on how 3rd part content (be it payware or freeware) is going to work and this worries me a lot as I'm having a lot of déjà vu. 😅

Edited by Kaito Kid
  • I agree 3