allright how is that even possible :o

i have see something really strange today zawierce have let a train in the station (73123) but after he pass the signal the next signal have change from H3 to G1 were a other train wait for departure Oo the thing is it wasnt a SZ it was a regulary signal what means he needed to change a switch in a set way 🤔

here a video from it ( look in the train box by the 73123 he switch the signal after passing the entrance one ) :

please tell me that is a bug and i can trust the signals anyweres 😞 

Edited by Fightdrug

Assuming you were on DE1, this is what the TDRS logs show, possibly just a glitch, I guess the only ones who could tell were the devs by looking at the actual server logs.

Looking at TDRS looks like it never saw the Zw_C to Zw_H3 bit (possibly too quick for the API to even see it). Interestingly though what the logs do show is when train 73123 passed Zw_C and then saw Zw_G1 the signal speed shows 32767 (ie, vmax) (14:47:07 UTC) and then the next log entry shows "0" for red (14:48:11 UTC). So the only thing I can think of is 73123 was Sz'd into the platform on top of 40131 (hence the signal reversion as 40131 departed which according to the logs for 40131 was at ~14:47:27 UTC when it started moving). Zw_C also shows a signal speed of 40 for 73123, also suggesting the use of Sz or other shenanigans.

The only reasoning for it not seeing the H3 bit is, Zw_C, Sz set with Ponts 11 and 13 set towards Line 3 (in reverse/ '-' position) and then whoever was on there realising it'd go the wrong way and quickly setting the points to normal (+) position and then it seeing Zw_G1. Again, probably happened so fast the API never saw it (Between 14:46:54 and 14:47:07 UTC), that's 13 seconds (where it's more than enough time for points to be swung)

If it was indeed Sz'd, it'd be interesting to know why the train list never showed Sz at Zw_C??!!

Log for 73123
image.thumb.png.ca9c4a9f193eacdf265de52d2d7b2152.png

Edited by DazT

it was DE1 😁

that is the strange thing is when it was a SZ then why the train box show a yellow signal normaly its a white blinking one 🤔 the only thing i would think about is that he let the train in then take fastly his driveway away and switch the switches manually to get around the Sz in the hope no one would see it.

Edited by Fightdrug

allright i think i know how he did it 😑 i was testing stuff out of EU3 so i dont effect someone and when you take away the way you have set after he pass the signal you can easly lead him to a track were a other train standing 😐

Edited by Fightdrug
okay please dont remove that just becarful dont do that :(
  • I disagree 1

If that was how they did it then that's a bit naughty, especially had the second train been player controlled as you drive to the condition of signals displayed (speed, braking point, location to stop at etc etc), a clear signal indication tells the driver the signal section is clear of any other trains and by someone fooling the system like that is just sh*t signalling.... Rather than just waiting a few minutes and giving the correct signal indication. 

• I agree 2

vor 10 Stunden schrieb DazT:

If that was how they did it then that's a bit naughty, especially had the second train been player controlled as you drive to the condition of signals displayed (speed, braking point, location to stop at etc etc), a clear signal indication tells the driver the signal section is clear of any other trains and by someone fooling the system like that is just sh*t signalling.... Rather than just waiting a few minutes and giving the correct signal indication. 

my words when i would drive that train at this point i would notice that something is wrong when i pass the last switch and then you have a emergency brake 🤕 because the signal make you clear that the area till the next signal is free from trains so i dont would check the switches

interesting fact here when you do that in real life you can say goodbye to your job as dispatcher and when someone inside the train gets harmed you even can go to prison 😄 alteast in germany

Edited by Fightdrug
the more you know \o/
  • I agree 2

2 hours ago, Fightdrug said:

my words when i would drive that train at this point i would notice that something is wrong when i pass the last switch and then you have a emergency brake 🤕 because the signal make you clear that the area till the next signal is free from trains so i dont would check the switches

interesting fact here when you do that in real life you can say goodbye to your job as dispatcher and when someone inside the train gets harmed you even can go to prison 😄 alteast in germany

Same here in the UK if in the rare possibility that signalling system let you actually do it. (the majority of installations won't without a timeout of either 2 or 3 minutes) 

• I agree 2