Problems with some players on Server FR1

As indicated in the title of my post, I would like to address the behavior of some French-speaking players. Indeed, disagreements between various French-speaking communities have been occurring for some time. Some individuals deliberately engage in certain actions and then play the victim when others exhibit similar behavior in response.

On two occasions, I had to block a player. The first time, I was ill and had an urgent need, so I parked that person's train on a siding track and programmed routes for other trains in the sidings while I was away. In the end, I needed less time than I initially thought. The person was blocked for about 1 to 2 minutes, and when I released them, I apologized with a touch of humor (which they may have taken offense to). The second time, their train was running late because this person enjoys traveling at 180 km/h instead of the 200 km/h limit with the Pendolino. So, I let an IC (max speed 140 km/h) depart ahead of them at Opczno Poludnie station, as it was on time or slightly ahead of schedule. This action resulted in a temporary ban from the server, with the supposed reason being "focusing on the same player." I don't understand this ban because I regularly encounter this player, as they are very active in the game, and I had to block them for a total of 5 minutes if you add up all the times I stopped them. It's not uncommon for faster trains to end up behind slower ones (within reason) because I don't prioritize late trains.

The same people who complain about me also congratulate themselves when they block me when I'm driving a train. They say things like, "Hi, train xxxxxx, I have an issue, so I'll let you pass later behind train xxxxx (about 1 hour of waiting)." Keep in mind that I've only used this report feature once. These people find it amusing not to, and I quote, "drive on green tracks all the way." This contradicts the reason for my ban, as such situations can occur in reality. I believe that the moderation (specifically the French moderation) leaves something to be desired because, from my point of view, some players can do as they please without any consequences, while others can't make the slightest mistake without being reported, etc. Furthermore, on several occasions, I think I've been reported by certain individuals just for their own "pleasure."

I don't believe this ban is truly deserved because I try to adhere as closely as possible to reality when I play. And does a potential switch error on my part warrant a ban?
Moreover, could we create a "report" system like the one on TruckersMP to make it easier to contest bans?

This message also indirectly follows up on the recent topic about private servers. I think there's a general frustration on both sides due to the reasons mentioned above, which is why some people desire private servers where they can have a more peaceful experience.

The individuals involved in this story will likely recognize themselves in this message as they downvote it, perhaps without even reading it, unfortunately... 😉🫠

7 minutes ago, Goozinger said:

I'd be mad. Surely your fault alone and not what you decide when someone goes 180 for some reason.

It was on the 160 km/h section between Pilichowice and Poludnie, there was only a 20 km/h difference between the two trains.

Furthermore, this person maintains 180 km/h just to achieve the best score on Simrail. It was amusing the first few times because they were imitating real-world issues, but now it's not. As I mentioned, I prioritize on-time trains. Moreover, if we aim for realism, we should avoid stopping passenger trains to prevent passengers from disembarking onto the tracks. Everyone has their own perspective.

8 minutes ago, Goozinger said:

I'd be mad. Surely your fault alone and not what you decide when someone goes 180 for some reason.

Dispatcher 101 : If a train is late, its priority is lower than any train on time, so in fact, he was in his right.. Espacially when it's two passenger trains. 

So If I understood well, Lulu was in his right during this event, so the ban shouldn't be here, and it's clearly an abusive report 🤷‍♂️

Moderation does not ban.

In total, you were reported 6 times and you have reported orther players 5times, therefore, you have used the report tool more than one time.
And you were reported one time more than you have reported orther players.

4132 departed from Opczno without interlock, wich raised suspicions from Admins about your behavior.

Blocking a train for whatever made up reason has lead to many bans in the French community, including and especially including the part of the French community you seem to target in your post, and think the moderation has a bias towards.

Even if, we, the moderators would be biased towards one side of the community, wich I sincerly think we are not: we do not ban. Admins ban.

We try our best to satisfy all part of the french community despite the arguments that happend in it and the different point of view of the community.
And I hope that we and the developpers/admins have shown that many times, including when there was a big argument about the player scenario where some players requested an event free server to be opened, at the last minute.

Sure, having a private server would help a lot to bypass the problems of living within a community, as of now, many servers are empty and despite FR1 being the official french server, you are free to roam on anorther server with anorther language if you want to enjoy a session with your friends on anorther server.

I cannot speak towards the specifics of your ban since I came after the fact, but I hope my post would help state some facts and show my reaction towards some points of your post.

Best regards.

• Like 4

This whole unfortunate story and those that preceded it remind me of the urgent need for precise regulations on the part of the SimRail administrators.  For me, this issue is just as important as the new features that will be coming out in the next update. Because it gets to the heart of the game: multiplayer. This would clearly define what players should and shouldn't do. I think that the current state of moderation is seriously flawed. There's definitely a "reporting war" going on, and has been for a long time on all sides of the community.   I think that a clear and simple set of rules would sort out the excesses of each player once and for all.

Without clear and concise rules, the decisions taken by administrators are difficult or impossible for players to understand (I was punished for 1 day without really understanding what I was accused of) and without a code of conduct it's difficult to know what we shouldn't do. Apart from the fairly frequent reasons (AFK, Insults, Trolling, etc)

Today I think that discussion and conciliation is the only way to reach a cordial understanding so that the gaming experience remains enjoyable for all of us. With irreproachable moderation on an equal footing.

EDIT : I'm not targeting the moderators themselves, I'm aware of the difficulty of their tasks every day and I think they do a very good job, which I remind everyone is "voluntary".

Good evening to you all.

Edited by Fatality
  • I agree 1

I see it's all about me here, I didn't want it to come to this but you gave me no choice but to show the photos as I was totally on time and even ahead of schedule my dear Lulu.

In the 1st photo I pass IDZIKOWICE 1 minute ahead of schedule (I was driving at 180 km/h from Grodzisk Mazowiecki 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005127.thumb.png.e7a853f87d8afb5e75f0f6444a9437e1.png

In the 2nd photo I arrive in Opoczno as you can see at 18h15 ( 1 min ahead but unfortunately I had to slow down ) 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005640.thumb.png.bb7f729a205759acdc16ccf2d485073f.png

In the 3rd photo I arrive on a closed signal 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005909.thumb.png.5d36b70f55976338f67bc60500c3fabd.png

And in the last photo you can see the conversation: 

-ME: 1435 for Opoczno 

-Opoczno: "Hi, yes, I'm receiving you.

-Me: I wanted to know is there a train in front of me? because the signal changes from close, yellow, green cli (I already knew that it had dropped the 13133 which was in advance)!!!! 

-Opoczno : Yes there was a train on time in front  ( A TRAIN ON TIME BUT lol it release me the 13133 which circulates in advance and me on time ) 

- Me : 1445 it’s well received ooczno I have a train AHEAD In front of me good evening to you 

-Opoczno : Good evening to you too  

Capturedcran2023-10-26002732.png.b13b4876cf822cacf7f6c73adf338a71.png

And yes, I remembered to take photos just in case, and happily anticipated the situation.   
Small picture of my arrival almost on time despite the incident in Katowice 

20231025194454_1.thumb.jpg.dd9c581e82749f757b982d423057645e.jpg

Cemo 🙃

• I agree 2

POV from someone who did not participate:

From Virtracks EDR:

image.thumb.png.9db57ab9041fdf79a1be50e03b9fc42b.pngimage.thumb.png.6f57a924ffe3b318c326dc90567b8a88.pngimage.thumb.png.3cf8f4be1e55bb383a5c1c4268309d4b.png

Now let's see what Opoczno's dispatcher (Lulu) did confirm on HIS EDR:

image.thumb.png.040e564c187c462946c4e0f8c54c251c.pngimage.thumb.png.ef86a27edff4fe5daa1730a6d7a54ff2.png

If I understand correctly, the 13133 left early because the dispatcher did not respect the PT...

The player driving the 1435 was 1 minute early until arriving at Opoczno... and driving at 180 instead of 200. This guy should have a medal. Less electricity consumption, less wear and tear on equipment.

Is there really anything more to say? This rivals the best series you can find on netflix. 🍿

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dignité said:

Dispatcher 101 : If a train is late, its priority is lower than any train on time, so in fact, he was in his right.. Espacially when it's two passenger trains.

The distance between Opoczno and Olszamow. is very, very long. If it took the Pendo 5 Minutes delay it was the wrong decision imo.
As well it's much easier for the slower train to keep timetable than for the Pendo due to pt's in Strzalki I think

• I agree 1

8 minutes ago, Goozinger said:

The distance between Opoczno and Olszamow. is very, very long. If it took the Pendo 5 Minutes delay it was the wrong decision imo.
As well it's much easier for the slower train to keep timetable than for the Pendo due to pt's in Strzalki I think

He arrived on time with the pendo at Wloszczowa so, it's not that much of an issue, the big part of the delay is AFTER Wloszczowa.

Lulu is telling that he was at Opoczno, so his action is not even the reason of the delay.. 

Edited by Dignité
  • Like 1

Good evening,

The 1435 should logically have come before the 13133. However, considering that the 13133 arrived before the 1435 (so the previous station did not dispatch the trains in the correct order), and that the 1435 arrived on time at Wloszczowa (the station where the 13133 could have passed behind the 1435), is a 5-day ban really justified? I find this excessively harsh for a simple simple fact of play that had no direct impact.

The only thing I note is that someone got banned for whatever reason... I don't care but lying publicly saying that the 1435 was 14 min late... saying that the moderator are biased that's a bit too much.

And yes you are right you don't have to drive at maximum speed to be on time. But some people do not seem to understand this ^^

• I agree 1

28 minutes ago, Dignité said:

And even so, for 9 minutes maximum  of delay on the entire pendolino journey , how can someone be banned for this? 

Agree with this. Didnt say the ban is justified.

35 minutes ago, Dignité said:

He arrived on time with the pendo at Wloszczowa so, it's not that much of an issue, the big part of the delay is AFTER Wloszczowa.

Lulu is telling that he was at Opoczno, so his action is not even the reason of the delay.. 

Okay, that means he was not supposed to let the Pendo wait in any possible case as it was on time, right?

Edit: nvm i read all the posts now 😛

Edited by Goozinger

The ban may be excessive but I think that simrail admins, like the rest of us, have had enough of this childishness.  Imo I think the player has a history. A 5 days ban doesn't come from nowhere.
But obviously he didn't write that in his post.

This discussion is nonsense but like I said it rivals the best series you can find on netflix. 🍿

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Robi Netterie said:

The ban may be excessive but I think that simrail admins, like the rest of us, have had enough of this childishness.  Imo I think the player has a history. A 5 days ban doesn't come from nowhere.

This discussion is nonsense but like I said it rivals the best series you can find on netflix. 🍿

In this particular situation I see nothing childish ? Maybe an error of judgment from dispatcher and even on that part I’m not sure. 

I can understand that child behavior can piss off some people, but on that situation, there’s nothing childish and it must not be a reason for a ban if there’s nothing to comment here on this specific situation (that caused a ban)

Edited by Dignité
  • Like 2

vor 11 Stunden schrieb CEMO:

I see it's all about me here, I didn't want it to come to this but you gave me no choice but to show the photos as I was totally on time and even ahead of schedule my dear Lulu.

In the 1st photo I pass IDZIKOWICE 1 minute ahead of schedule (I was driving at 180 km/h from Grodzisk Mazowiecki 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005127.thumb.png.e7a853f87d8afb5e75f0f6444a9437e1.png

In the 2nd photo I arrive in Opoczno as you can see at 18h15 ( 1 min ahead but unfortunately I had to slow down ) 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005640.thumb.png.bb7f729a205759acdc16ccf2d485073f.png

In the 3rd photo I arrive on a closed signal 

Capturedcran2023-10-26005909.thumb.png.5d36b70f55976338f67bc60500c3fabd.png

And in the last photo you can see the conversation: 

-ME: 1435 for Opoczno 

-Opoczno: "Hi, yes, I'm receiving you.

-Me: I wanted to know is there a train in front of me? because the signal changes from close, yellow, green cli (I already knew that it had dropped the 13133 which was in advance)!!!! 

-Opoczno : Yes there was a train on time in front  ( A TRAIN ON TIME BUT lol it release me the 13133 which circulates in advance and me on time ) 

- Me : 1445 it’s well received ooczno I have a train AHEAD In front of me good evening to you 

-Opoczno : Good evening to you too  

Capturedcran2023-10-26002732.png.b13b4876cf822cacf7f6c73adf338a71.png

And yes, I remembered to take photos just in case, and happily anticipated the situation.   
Small picture of my arrival almost on time despite the incident in Katowice 

20231025194454_1.thumb.jpg.dd9c581e82749f757b982d423057645e.jpg

Cemo 🙃

so he send the 13xxx infront of the 14xx =? i can tell you that the 13xxx is the last thing that should come to polnoc after the 14xx and the 14xxxx thx for pictures to clear that up 😄

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Robi Netterie:

yeah i did some stuff wrong too and i am sure people report me for that and i didnt get a ban or a kick because i can say ,,sorry that was stupid dont had my coffee today" i would say too that that guy have a history 😉

• I agree 2

At the time of this writing, you are level 101 on the game. It is safe to assume you are not a beginner in the game and you know how to properly dispatch.

Given the records on the EDR, you made the IC skip his PT wich is a stop made to allow the pendolino to overtake the IC and with 5mn of early time. Thus, putting the IC in front of CEMO's pendolino. 
You also used Sz to send anorther pendolino without proper interlock clearance.

It is safe to say that your actions during that timeframe were more than suspicious, and may have been the result of malicious intent more than errors.

Imo, your ban is legit and I will not ask for any forgivness given the circumstances and facts that were shown in this post.

Furthermore, and given this was not the only time you were reported for such incidents, looking at the history and your supicious behavior during that timeframe is probably what made you get banned.

Best Regards.

• I agree 4