Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

Private servers

On 4/5/2024 at 12:07 PM, Kaito Kid said:

The only thing about having private servers it would be for hosting custom routes/lines, I would honestly would like to know about this, how is custom content gonna work in multiplayer? We know very little (or nothing) about how this is going to work, and I think that it's about time to open this can of worms.

Don't worry until the time comes. I assume they have already thought about it.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:54 AM, Gazz292 said:

People who want to drive in a well populated server?

With SimRail hosting the servers, everyone who wants to drive or dispatch uses those same servers, we are all on the same page so to speak.
That's why some servers are routinely full most of the time. 

Having even more servers that only selected people can use will just dilute the player base and make it seem like hardly anyone is playing, 

There are people who have taken to learning another language so they can drive or dispatch on a more popular server with lots of people in it, as their own language server is empty most of the time.

Sometimes it is not even necessary to speak the language. I respect the signs as a driver, you as a dispatcher do your job. all happy, all friends. Easy.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:34 PM, franky83 said:

Don't worry until the time comes. I assume they have already thought about it.

My guess it's that they've already thought about it and we won't be seeing it in game, otherwise they would've said something already, they haven't even bothered to reply. 

9 hours ago, Kaito Kid said:

, otherwise they would've said something already, they haven't even bothered to reply. 

Or they don't want to give false hopes or promises.

With each route, dependencies  grows exponentionally and they need a system to handle that to. Steam workshop can hopefully sovle that.
As long as we don't go back in time, with links to 10 sites to download 100 files with 5kb/s transfer speeds 😄 

I also hope that we get some info on this subject together with general developer info soon 🙂 

• Like 1
  • I agree 2