Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

Tracks without catenary still indicates voltage

noirceur

Today, the dispatcher in Sosnowiec Główny insisted on sending me to an unelectrified track 9 even against my warnings, but apparently (lack of) presence of overhead line is not simulated, and the train still indicates voltage and behaves normally.

I don't know if there is any technical check in Poland that would prevent dispatchers from doing so (or if it just relies on the dispatcher's knowledge), but as far as the simulator goes, better solution would be refusing to process such path in similar way how paths into wrong directions are cancelled by system. Additionally, electrified and non-electrified tracks should be simulated properly with effect on trains.

image.thumb.png.9bb4d1bb866e81760ef26f36ccb68644.png

Edited by noirceur
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

Yeah, I assume that at some point we will have an electrical infrastructure update that will bring detailed simulation of everything, neutral sections, varying voltage with draw effects and more, but this still felt like something that should be fixed on its own earlier. Cancelling the path on system level (or simply locking the switches in place for now, if there is only few places like that) should be a quick fix.

I saw that I am entering an unpowered track so i quickly lowered the panto before destroying it, but with how detailed other things like these are simulated in simrail, I genuinely expected that nothing happens once I raise it again, and that I would be just standing there until next restart without power.