Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

Erroneous 'The set route from signal .... would send train .... in wrong direction. Route will be released!" messages

DazT

I get this quite a lot on a few panels (it's probably how I was taught to set routes on a real railway, by forward setting routes, and back setting routes!), but I believe that some of these messages are erroneous and indeed somewhat annoying by being publicly shamed for what are essentially, valid routes being set.

The problem seems to arise by the sim reading backwards from a train rather than looking forwards (and the train is indeed moving forwards)

Example 1 (Włoszczowa Północ)

If you have a train come from Żelisławice and route is set to track 2 via 35/33/31 and 30 points in reverse, when the rear of this train clears 33 points, set a route from Signal N to 'wpn1Z' exit triangle. Because the interlocking calls Signal R first before Signal N, the train you had come off the chord line thinks you're trying to send it back up the chord because it sees Signal R try to clear (and indeed does, but then generates the annoying wrong route message, even though the route being set isn't for that train, it's for another train you want to send towards Żelisławice)

• I agree 1