My 'new' Microphone

I decided i'd had enough of using the built in laptops mic and holding down a keyboard key to talk on the radio, so made myself a handheld Radmor style mic:

3DprintedRadmorMic1.thumb.jpg.3220fed5a11a71b01b5f2234ab34d5a0.jpg  3DprintedRadmorMic2.thumb.jpg.59b1327a8eded052f9d4c582f10570cb.jpg  3DprintedRadmorMicInternalrender.thumb.jpg.62ef79914bafa9eaa47efe272d94f9c2.jpg

3D printed the microphone housing, side key (which of course works) and the mic holder, the mic cover is a 50mm tweeter grill sprayed grey. 
A curly USB extension cable plugs in the bottom, which mates inside the housing with a little 3 port USB hub, and plugged into hub is a USB microphone dongle, and an Adafruit 'Trinkey'  a single key USB board that i set up to send the SimRail microphone push to talk keyboard key when it's button is pushed by the mic's side key. 

• Like 8
  • I agree 2

Also made an EU07 / EP08 horn lever....  my levers pivot point is further back hence the larger opening needed to move the lever side to side to go heeeee hawwwww 😄 

Horn lever.jpg

• Like 8