Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

EU08 444058 is not powerful enough to pull the train

Sean the Sheep

Maybe you are doing something wrong. A lot of people driving with these trains, stopping with them at signals, but nobody has this issue. 

Fun fact is that this train has weight only 700 tons, which is still very, very low.

• Like 1

Are you sure you've released the brakes fully? You may want to set the brakes to overcharge (Num 9) and additionally try pressing and holding the release button (Num ,).

Also, check the compressor overload lights & switches.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zapach Kreozotu:

444058 is timetabled to have a trailing load of 3000 tonnes and length of 600 metres.

I think I know what I'll be doing this evening. 

It does sound credible to me what @Sean the Sheep is describing

Yes, but the timetable also says that its pulled by a E186. Im a little confused😄. Ive driven some 4440XX trains but I would say they dont have 3000t.
In this thread some on said it has around 1000t

Let us know what you have experienced this evening🙂

Edited by sf_giants15

That doesn't makes sence anyway. I checked API for train 412 086 which is listed on this website with lenght 376.13m  and weight 1340.5t. 

Data from API I see:

"trainNoLocal":"412086"
"locoType":"ET22"
"trainLength":500
"trainWeight":700

At overall, it doesn't makes sence when kojonek said that car can have max. 30t, so it doesn't have 50-60 tons per wagon.

image.thumb.png.07a1a9afad7c40fb66c94410fe689e2b.png

Edited by TheFloxiCz

That statement was from the first day of cargo on the trains. Cargo update released 6th april. 15 days ago. There has been updates in between. Both by download and on servers.
The statement was true then, they can easily change later as its done on the server. Train consist have change in the last days also since I started to monitor that page, total weight has creeped above 1500t on a selected few.

I understand the confusion.

If according to the api a 412W (EAOS) cargo weight is 20@coal and if it was to be total weight of the waggon, its load would actually be 0, because empty weight is 20tons on that waggon type.

And from what I have compared in sim to what the api gives, empty wagons are simply not given any weight info in the api.

Also, you seem to compare a train that uses different loco from what are available to us now. ET22 is probably run on a test server using different consist from what we have publically. "4120xx" train currently use EU07 on public servers, not ET22.

Edited by Deadlost
  • I agree 1

Just driven one of these 444*** diagrams this afternoon with an EU07, it is possible to get up to line speed (or should I say, permitted train speed), perhaps not the best loco as it was really slogging its heart out, but it is driveable. It behaves in exactly in the way I'd expect it to hauling a heavy freight train.

Edited by DazT

could be wheel slipping, 

i'd use just a little bit of power whilst applying sand, and gently increase the power when the train starts to move, again applying sand as needed, 

there's also an anti slip button that applies the loco brakes a little when pressed which might help a little,  but getting a heavy freight train going from standstill is always going to be challenging in real life and in SimRail.

The Polish railways have a T sign on some signals that means a freight train is allowed to pass the signal on red at a max of 20km/h, this is because the train would likely not get going again if it stopped there! 

There is also a 'Current setting' rotary switch in the cab (third one from the left), usually this is in 'low current' position, apparently turning this to 'high current' gives you a little bit more oomph (I've not tried it yet myself, although I did slide to a stand on Juliusz bank, so I'll try this myself next time!)

Sanding helps to give you a bit more traction, also a big thing is listen to your loco, seriously, you can tell a lot about what it's doing just from the sound. If the traction motors suddenly change to a higher pitch there is a good chance that you're slipping, slipping to a point that the slip protection hasn't engaged if you're in an all wheel slip. 

There is a white light on the dash to the left of the control wheel, usually extinguished, this lights up when you are indeed slipping (and it's detected it, again, sometimes it doesn't)

Edited by DazT
  • I agree 1

13 hours ago, DazT said:

There is a white light on the dash to the left of the control wheel, usually extinguished, this lights up when you are indeed slipping (and it's detected it, again, sometimes it doesn't)

The IRL locos I'm on don't give a wheel sleep alarm unless its sustained wheel slip or the axle locks up

Sounds are a huge part of knowing whats going on with the train. 100%

Edited by Dolphin Invasion
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1