Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

Too low speed limit from Dorota to Juliusz?

てふに

It appeared to me that the track from Dorota to Juliusz have too low speed limit. It causes much delay (ca. 3 min) on the timetable even when it is driven at speed limit. It was on EN3, dated Apr-17. I passed the section around 23:39 EDT (UTC-4)

My screenshots are attached at the bottom, when I was (rather patiently) driving TLK 24185. Top: On the way to Juliusz (4 min delay), Bottom: After passing Juliusz (7 min delay).

I was driving at and sometimes going over 30km/h, which was the speed limit for this section. When I check SimRail Map, the other way has speed limit of 50km/h, which makes sense since this section is very much straight, even considering that bi-directional operation is available.

If this is how it is intended, then I am sorry for the false alarm.

image.thumb.jpeg.213521bbeb86000b9a1f46ca225be799.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0fd17ec0d6372580c4be19759cdda096.jpeg

SimRail_log_2023-04-17_20-56-53.txt

Understood, Goppel. Thank you for clarification.

Maybe I will take point reduction and go faster when servers have people, so that they won't put blame on me. 90 sounds a bit excessive, but I may as well do that when I'm in that mood.😆

Edited by てふに
  • Haha 1

well... a real train driver would stick to the limits, as they are there for safety reasons..... the part of the route in question suffers from mining subsidence, hence the low limits in places.

The Polish drivers timetables all have a paragraph on their front cover... it's referring to driving on Sz signals, but the last bit is:

Do not be afraid of the consequences of delaying the train.
Safety comes first.

Edited by Gazz292
  • Like 3

I agree - safety first at all times. I couldn't care less if other drivers and dispatchers are angry at me for driving the speed limit. If I get delayed hours because of it, then so be it. Safety and comfort of my passengers comes first. This also applies when I am driving freight trains as well. Focus on safety and don't worry if others are angry at you.

Edited by Zulnex
  • I agree 2