Driver change at the end of a scenario

Driver change at the end of a scenario:

Currently, in order to complete a train service/scenario, you’ll have to drive the train outside the player-area, when all of a sudden the whole thing comes to an end and a screen pops up right in your face.

Now that the passenger movements almost works perfectly (passenger entry and finding a seat), it would be cool if there would be an AI driver waiting at your platform to enter your train, so you can hand over the train to that driver, step off, and see the train take off.

I’ve begun to use the 3 key to leave the train, when I get to the final station, and then use the Esc key to activate the bot. But this results in a “scenario failure” when you then go to the main menu, after activating the bot at the final station.

• Like 1
  • I agree 7

In singleplayer, AFAIK, the missions end immediately when you’ve been stopped at the last station for long enough. In multiplayer, however, the timetable is such that all services start and end outside of the playable area, and that’s the reason why the mission always ‘ends’ somewhere on the open track.

• I agree 1

• 9 months later...

in multiplayer you start already in the game and end up still in the game, with the train running. It would be wonderful, and I really miss it, to start and finish a trip. I love seeing bumpers at the end of a journey, and I don't think there are any tracks that end at the moment. I really hope they will be added in the future.

is this because of how tsw does it? 
i.e. each time you get in a train it's turned off, and at the end of your short run you shut it down again... which isn't how it works in the real world... the next driver is gonna be annoyed at having to reset the train and get it ready to leave in the 2 minutes they have to take it over and leave on time.

Some trains do end at buffers / at a station and turn around, but this can't happen in SimRail yet, they are still working on the shunthing thing which will allow trains to reverse in service.

But also right now the map covers only a small portion of Polish railways, those 141xx / 411xx services that take 3.5 hours to drive.... that's just a small portion of their run, they would carry on / have been driven another 4 hours or so at the end of the SimRail map, 

I guess driver changes could be added,  you'd get out of or get into the train if you happen to join the server at the exact right time,  but then you'd just be teleporting in and out on foot instead of in a train,  and miss joining at that exact time the trains at the changeover station and you are back to teleporting into a moving train.. or hanging around for an hour at the station for the next service.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 3:24 PM, Gazz292 said:

the next driver is gonna be annoyed at having to reset the train

Here in the UK drivers will just swap master keys at handover, the driver getting off gets handed a master key from the driver getting on, the desk stays keyed in (more so as a "this is how it's been done for 60+ years" thing rather than a hard and fast rule)

• I agree 1

On 1/13/2024 at 3:24 PM, Gazz292 said:

is this because of how tsw does it? 

Although it is one aspect of TSW that I do enjoy and indeed miss, being able to pick a train and work a diagram back and forth with the same set/unit by changing ends at destination, having a little break and working the same train back. (I did the Bremen - Oldenburg to death doing that, luckily as with the BR110 it had a control car on the other end so didn't require a run round)

In SimRail the only way you can really do a diagram is by working one in one direction to a particular point, getting off, having a break and then working something back in the hope that someone doesn't "steal" the train you intend on working back! Yep, it's happened to me a few times, so if you see me driving something random like a freight it's usually because I've been wrong-ended and can't be bothered waiting another hour! 🤣

Edited by DazT

One of the things i'm noticing on discors is some people have their favourite services, and will be waiting sometimes quite a long time for it to spawn so they can take it over and do their daily favourite drive.

Wonder how things would be handled if someone is doing a 'shift' of driving the same train back and forth, and this would prevent the other person getting that train as it'd never show up on the selection screen. 

perhaps a way to indicate to everyone that this particular service is not going to be available as someone else has 'booked' to drive it for a few hours. 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

One of the things i'm noticing on discors is some people have their favourite services, and will be waiting sometimes quite a long time for it to spawn so they can take it over and do their daily favourite drive.

Wonder how things would be handled if someone is doing a 'shift' of driving the same train back and forth, and this would prevent the other person getting that train as it'd never show up on the selection screen. 

perhaps a way to indicate to everyone that this particular service is not going to be available as someone else has 'booked' to drive it for a few hours. 

let the people as long drive like they want there are enough servers that are allways empty 🙂 dont understand the long waiting till a signalbox or a train is free anyways, normaly i just take a train that need a driver or a signalbox that is free and when everything is full i go on EU2 or play a other game 😅

Edited by Fightdrug