Add a driver, Dodaj kierowcę, Ajouter un conducteur

Would it be possible to add a driver in the cabin seen from the outside as in TSW3

Czy byłaby możliwość dodania kierowcy w kabinie widzianej z zewnątrz jak w TSW3

Serais t'il possible d'ajouter un conducteur en cabine vu de l'extérieur comme dans TSW3

• Like 2

why? 

SimRail is not tsw, it's not tsc, it's not any of the other train games out there, 

SimRail is doing things realistically,  ok you get to do some things you may not be able to do in real life, like levitate outside your train (a feat only Polish train drivers can do apparently... same with their teleporter technology 😉)

but think about it....
The driver is not visible in the cab because he's looking in the cab from outside holding the camera, so it's perfectly right for you not to see yourself in the cab when you are not in it, 

This is also something other players will see but you can't... as in real life. 

It's similar to why there's no visible driver in Ai driven trains... those trains are being driven by a computer, so you shouldn't see a live driver in the cab.

Edited by Gazz292
  • I disagree 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • I agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

why? 

SimRail is not tsw, it's not tsc, it's not any of the other train games out there, 

SimRail is doing things realistically,  ok you get to do some things you may not be able to do in real life, like levitate outside your train (a feat only Polish train drivers can do apparently... same with their teleporter technology 😉)

but think about it....
The driver is not visible in the cab because he's looking in the cab from outside holding the camera, so it's perfectly right for you not to see yourself in the cab when you are not in it, 

This is also something other players will see but you can't... as in real life. 

It's similar to why there's no visible driver in Ai driven trains... those trains are being driven by a computer, so you shouldn't see a live driver in the cab.

Wrong arguments, I want to be seen in 3rd person too.

• Confused 1

What happens when you are stopped and have left the cab to wander around, and someone else comes along and see's you sat in the cab... but it's not really you, it's a 2nd version of you as a placeholder, 

Going to get mighty confusing when there's 2 versions of you, one sat in the cab the other getting into the cab and sitting down on your doppelganger and merging into one. 

Then if i want to get a photo of the cab as it's empty, how do i do that when there's a second version of me sat in it? 

i guess that most people just want someone in the cab for when they take a photo to post where ever you post photo's of pretend trains you are pretending to drive,  so for that something like a generic driver that's put in after the photo is taken???,
like how steam can show or hide the overlay when you take a screenshot. 

• Haha 1
  • I agree 1

2 hours ago, Gazz292 said:

What happens when you are stopped and have left the cab to wander around, and someone else comes along and see's you sat in the cab... but it's not really you, it's a 2nd version of you as a placeholder, 

Going to get mighty confusing when there's 2 versions of you, one sat in the cab the other getting into the cab and sitting down on your doppelganger and merging into one. 

Then if i want to get a photo of the cab as it's empty, how do i do that when there's a second version of me sat in it? 

i guess that most people just want someone in the cab for when they take a photo to post where ever you post photo's of pretend trains you are pretending to drive,  so for that something like a generic driver that's put in after the photo is taken???,
like how steam can show or hide the overlay when you take a screenshot. 

How many games have you played, for God's sake? When I leave the train, logically, I'm not there. If I'm watching from third person, I'm still there... what's so hard to understand? An illustrative example: when you are on a train and you give a third-person view, it is a poze camera and that is how it is perceived. When you get off, you physically walk away. I don't understand your thought process.

Edited by lDestinyl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

i guess i play games where you are either first person view or 3rd person view, not a mix of both depending on whether you want to pose for a screen shot or not. 

cyberpunk .... game cel in first person, driving in a vehicle goes first and third person. There's a lot of them.

Have you ever seen a train go past you in multiplayer and the driver is floating Infront of it, or to the side of the cab? 
That's the driver of that train using the outside view camera (2)

i guess that's just how SimRail is programmed with regards to the multiplayer aspect, you 'play' as the driver or dispatcher, seeing through their eyes, and other players see you wherever you may be. 
Now we need to add a cameraman filming a documentary about you driving a train in SimRail (or put the number 2 camera on a selfie stick)

5 hours ago, Gazz292 said:

Have you ever seen a train go past you in multiplayer and the driver is floating Infront of it, or to the side of the cab? 
That's the driver of that train using the outside view camera (2)

i guess that's just how SimRail is programmed with regards to the multiplayer aspect, you 'play' as the driver or dispatcher, seeing through their eyes, and other players see you wherever you may be. 
Now we need to add a cameraman filming a documentary about you driving a train in SimRail (or put the number 2 camera on a selfie stick)

1. i have never seen the driver outside the cab (in tracking mode (2)). 2. do you understand that a physical person and a camera are two different things in the game engine? 

image.thumb.png.2a5ed3c70b202f4850770a0a8ceecfa0.png

I understand that the 'camera' is the driver eyes, 

You get to see all sorts of things... at one point if you exited the cab when stationary using key 3, and everyone else see's your figure in the sitting position with arms folded walking around as if doing the squat dance. 

But get up from the driving seat, walk to the door and exit through the door and you were seen standing / walking around normally. 

That's the thing here, it's not just you in the sim in multiplayer, other players can see your figure even if you can't, which is why the camera is associated with your in sim figure. 

Edited by Gazz292
  • I agree 1

1 hour ago, Gazz292 said:

image.thumb.png.2a5ed3c70b202f4850770a0a8ceecfa0.png

I understand that the 'camera' is the driver eyes, 

You get to see all sorts of things... at one point if you exited the cab when stationary using key 3, and everyone else see's your figure in the sitting position with arms folded walking around as if doing the squat dance. 

But get up from the driving seat, walk to the door and exit through the door and you were seen standing / walking around normally. 

That's the thing here, it's not just you in the sim in multiplayer, other players can see your figure even if you can't, which is why the camera is associated with your in sim figure. 

This is a visual bug, this is not the position of the player's camera. 

I also would like to see myself when using the third person camera, no need to see myself when I move myself out of the train though 

But also I would like to be able to select my appearance, right now we random get 3D Model, I wanna be able to pick up my skin color and gender at least 😇

Edited by Boba Fatt
  • I agree 1