Next dispatcher station (week 6+)?

Next dispatcher station?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which dispatcher station would you like to see next?

• Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice
    • Idzikowice
    • Katowice
    • Łazy
    • Łazy La
    • Sosnowiec Dańdówka
    • Sosnowiec Kazimierz
    • Sosnowiec Południowy (next iteration)
    • Stawiska
    • Tunel

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/23 at 07:23 PM

Now that Sosnowiec Południowy has been unlocked as a dispatcher station we can boot up the next round of votes.

I will keep Sosnowiec Południowy on the list though as we don't have the final version yet. This is a temporary placeholder to show that we players can do so much better than the AI managing this station. 😁

And thus the wishing for the next station can commence. Note that I'll keep this poll open until the next dispatcher station is revealed as it turns out that pesky players can create a bundle of bugs that need to be taken care of as well. 😄

To make things a bit different you can vote for any station you would wish to see, even multiple or all if you so desire. If your favorite is not on the list post it so it can be added next round.

Edited by Skully

Is Ząbkowice or any of the stations listed mechanichal? I know Stawiska is, but I preffer stations rather than boxes with just passing trains and no platforms... I want something fully mechanichal now! 😛

Edited by Kaito Kid
  • I disagree 1

I selected Dandowka.

My reasoning is based on brief chatter yesterday.  It was publicly stated that Katowice might be coming sooner than later (I won't go into detail as it's not confirmed final).  I later asked about DGZ and it's also apparently not going to be ready for a while.  Barring a temporary computer system there, we won't get that yet.  Further, that station works fine most of the time.  We don't need to put that in human hands yet.

Dandowka is located 2.5 km down the line from SP.  The station box between the SP one and Dandowka is the freight box for the SP yard; I presume this will open up when shunting and other activities become a thing.  Dandowka can control traffic to Kazimierz and help manage the two tracks there until a human arrives there (assuming one is meant to arrive there).  This means that the area between Dandowka and DGW has less chance to have issues if both dispatchers are communicating on the radio and keeping an eye on the map.  It might be possible to hold out on those in-between stations, moving on to the Line 156 connector at Bukowno (a route that eventually connects to Myslowice via 156, 133, and 134, which ends at the station and becomes Line 138 to Katowice).  Therefore, my proposal is Dandowka and Bukowna, provide AI-only trains that cross that Myslowice route to provide dispatching material,, and while testing takes place in this area bring in Katowice for use if possible.  The only possible glitch is people can sub signal a train down that track, so a temporary controlled red by the AI dispatcher beyond that point can just block it so players can't ride in incomplete sections if one sneaks onto the track.  Only the AI trains would be accepted, and the player train eventually deleted to clear the way.  (BTW, I have sent a train to Myslowice, so I know it's possible.)

Once we have a human at the terminus, it makes sense to start opening up the Warsaw area, but I would advise drop two boxes at the same time so there is some immediate communication and no lack of human contact outside of the occasional passing train.  I feel opening up all available stations in the Line 1 area is then a possible option, then work on Line 8 and Line 64 with Starzyny becoming human as well.  Fill in the gaps on Line 4 periodically, and then fill in any missing stations.

So Dandowka and Bukowna are my next two picks, with or without AI traffic to Myslowice.

Edited by Cyclone
  • I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barcikowy said:

Eh, there won't be much to do here. Another boring post.

It'll get more challenging soon, the timetable is getting reworked and the CMK Line (Zawiercie-Grodzisk Mazowiecki) will get a lot more traffic, so dispatchers in the northern boxes will have more trains to take care of.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kaito Kid said:

Not sure that counts as "new station", maybe update.

Yes, it is an "old" dispatch point but it will be updated. I don't think there will be a new dispatch point on Sunday, although this is also new/updated. I think doing two in 2 weeks  its very hard.

As already noted here (but not in patch notes 😄) we now have Opoczno Południe as a panel instead.

I think the work needed to get dispatchers stations in play has been seriously underestimated. One station per week sounds too ambitious to me and even 1 station every two weeks might be overpromising. Work on the north end of Dąbrowa Górnicza Ząbkowice is progressing steadily but the south end is where the real complexity lies.

For now I'll keep the poll open as I think it would make more sense to have more stations as opposed to reworked stations to better reflect reality. But in the more stations I would rather see the final iteration as opposed to an intermediate solution. Having developers work on an intermediate solution is doubling the effort put into a station. Then again I could be wrong and we might want to open a poll on it.  🤔

As a wild alternative maybe we could have the community create computer stations. I have no clue how feasible this is in terms of complexity and access to the definitions (which currently live on the traffic server). Maybe there is already an editor to assist in this.

What do you all think about this? And maybe developers want to comment on feasibility?

• I agree 3