Events that maked from Player dispatchers

Events that maked from Player dispatchers  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i was wondering what do you think about that when a dispatcher just say that the right track is closed or that are workers on the track so he give you a substitute signal over the next 2 km =?

Edited by Fightdrug
  • I agree 1

We tend to simulate problems on the tracks in the Spanish server, by changing the automatic blocking system to telephone blocking only (only 1 track will be used in these conditions), not closing level crossings (simulate failure) and thus, forcing the substitute signal, failure of a signal that wont open, etc...

No problems so far, it does happen in real life therefore it can/will happen in the game.

Edited by Kaito Kid
  • Like 3
  • I disagree 1
  • I agree 1

i am not really against it but i just feel myself a bit trolled when i drive via substitute signal the next 2 km with the reason there are workers on the tracks while you dont see a single one 😕 or that a track is closed while you dont see because why

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

Well, it is a simulator and it makes sense to experiment with abnormal situations imo. I really like that some dispatchers do this, as long as it doesn't lead to a traffic jam.

27 minutes ago, Fightdrug said:

i just feel myself a bit trolled when i drive via substitute signal the next 2 km with the reason there are workers on the tracks while you dont see a single one 😕

That calls for a nice-to-have feature suggestion: Have a list of abnormal situations for the dispatchers to choose from, like marking a track closed which will spawn workers automatically, etc. Have to make it troll free of course by limiting abnormal situations per server, time limits, and what not.

• Like 4

I like the idea of being able to simulate various operational scenarios but it requires both a decent technical implementation (how else are you supposed to give a written order to an AI train for instance?) and players who know reasonably well what they are doing.

With workers on the tracks, there are three common scenarios:

1. The workers "protect themselves": Trains can run normally. There may be a speed restriction which requires a written order.
  2. Workers on the line need to be notified of train movements: Trains can run normally when workers have been notified and require a written order to run at reduced speed if the workers can't be notified.
  3. Track is closed: No train movements on that track.

In all cases, you run the trains on main signal if you can, as it has a far higher level of safety than the substitute signal.

• Like 1
  • I agree 3

1 hour ago, Fightdrug said:

i am not really against it but i just feel myself a bit trolled when i drive via substitute signal the next 2 km with the reason there are workers on the tracks while you dont see a single one 😕 or that a track is closed while you dont see because why

Well, as the simulator doesn't have these options, you have to imagine that there are workers in that track, I don't know in other countries, but in Spain you don't use substitute signal for that reason, you tell the driver that between kilometer "x" and kilometer "x" are ongoing works, or that on station "x" there are works over there, the driver needs to either have this written down or trasmitted via telephone and has to aknowledge this information, when he/she arrives at that point, he/she needs to slow down to the situation in front of the train, or if there's is a temporary limit, obey it.

I would use substitute signals for:

- Broken lvl crossing

- Impossibility of doing a route (be it signal failure, point failure or any other similar situation).

- Letting a train into an occupied track

Can't remember more right now.

• I disagree 1
  • I agree 2

We've had this discussion before in another thread, and I'll repeat it here.  This kind of thing shoud be left to the actual simulation implementing it (which it currently does not do).  Judging by the state of the sim right now they have enough issues they are trying to deal with in AI without creating more issues for them.

As for playability I won't participate in player driven events period, and I dispatch quite a bit.  I don't mind using the other track for operations reason such as using a 2nd track to overtake while there is a hole in opposite traffic.  But making up things that happen in the real world is not simulations, it's role playing.

I would be happy to see this become part of the simulation at some point.  The problem is with the role playing is people get over dramatic and it get carried away.  Remember this is a high speed passenger line.  Maintenance is often scheduled around the passenger schedules not impacting them.  As for failures they do happen but they are few and far in between.  Just because we have the feature doesn't mean it has to be used or simulated.

Too much drama in my opinion.  There is enough delays that take place due to the human factor of getting used to dispatching and driving for many.  

As for my decision (option 3) it currently holds a slight majority between Yes and No combined.

Thanks

Sean

Edited by SurvivorSean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
vor 35 Minuten schrieb -1PARA-AlexKall:

Can be fun but I would of course prefer if the game created these situations eventually, so you have workers on the track or a signal that doesn't work etc 🙂

yep or you see something on the track why its closed like a track warp that comes from extrem weather ^^

• I agree 1