I received a ban, due to the AI not accepting a train.

What happend?

I was operating the signal box in Glowny for the evening. I actively spoke to the nearby signal box coordinated trains. When I joined we had a Blockage at Poludniowy 660 which I resolved and could keep trains going. I was able to send two more trains successfully, each time the Poludniowy verifying that it could be accepted.

Now I asked for the next train, 42144 to enter Poludniowy at Track 2. This was accepted by the AI Signal box.

image3.png.3694f5ab3bbf00b7b9588cc081254ac5.png

Proof A

Then I set the direction for the interlocking and set the track for the train. It went over the signalbox and then came to a halt due to a red signal after my interlocking.

image2.thumb.png.7e227c29046fd23d7dca53ae5abd90f0.png

Proof B

You can see that interlocking at the remote stations are all to the right. On the left side from Katowice Zawozie it was due to one track being blocked, that we redirected all non 42 Trains that needed to go over to the track 1. This worked fairly well. 

On the right it was set due to a high-speed train overtaking a slower regional train but would have returned to normal. I tried my best to keep everything going and it went well for regular traffic with the exception of the blocked 660 line. We tried the train to go back via a substitute signal but sadly I lost comms with the driver.

Result

After the Server restart, I was left with the following message after trying to reconnect. I think I received this ban unfairly and or in error due to not blocking the station. Rather the AI at Pillowice should be banned due to not accepting my traffic. I am very certain that I did not do anything wrong, but if you notice an error I made. Please let me know.

image.png.2b8a4d555c132e6554985cf172523113.png

Edited by Tin
  • I agree 5

SP is definitely a problem area for the AI. Why would it say the line is clear for a train when it isn't?

I noticed tonight on a different server EN2 which was entirely AI that SP had a 42xxx on each platform heading east. towards SD. These were blocked from leaving by a 24xxx on the single line east of SP. Another 42xxx was stuck west of SP at it's entrance signal. SD had westbound trains on each track. SD shouldn't be allowing trains onto the single line unless SP is clear, and SG shouldn't allow trains from SG unless it has a clear platform.  This is AI error (sometimes' human, but not in the above cases). Maybe SP should reserve one platform for eastbound moves and the other for west.

• I agree 4

This problem is on all places where there is trains going down a single line (ok, not Psary and Knapówka but it has very low traffic intensity)
It has happened on Sosnowiec Kazimierz - Sosnowiec Dańdówka (se report in bugs section) but also Strzemieszyce - Zabkowice.
So this isn't something to solve with banning players when the AI is to blame.
It only causes uproar and bad publicity.

Edited by thenavvy
  • I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team
37 minut temu, Tin napisał(a):

What happend?

I was operating the signal box in Glowny for the evening. I actively spoke to the nearby signal box coordinated trains. When I joined we had a Blockage at Poludniowy 660 which I resolved and could keep trains going. I was able to send two more trains successfully, each time the Poludniowy verifying that it could be accepted.

Now I asked for the next train, 42144 to enter Poludniowy at Track 2. This was accepted by the AI Signal box.

image3.png.3694f5ab3bbf00b7b9588cc081254ac5.png

Proof A

Then I set the direction for the interlocking and set the track for the train. It went over the signalbox and then came to a halt due to a red signal after my interlocking.

image2.thumb.png.7e227c29046fd23d7dca53ae5abd90f0.png

Proof B

You can see that interlocking at the remote stations are all to the right. On the left side from Katowice Zawozie it was due to one track being blocked, that we redirected all non 42 Trains that needed to go over to the track 1. This worked fairly well. 

On the right it was set due to a high-speed train overtaking a slower regional train but would have returned to normal. I tried my best to keep everything going and it went well for regular traffic with the exception of the blocked 660 line. We tried the train to go back via a substitute signal but sadly I lost comms with the driver.

Result

After the Server restart, I was left with the following message after trying to reconnect. I think I received this ban unfairly and or in error due to not blocking the station. Rather the AI at Pillowice should be banned due to not accepting my traffic. I am very certain that I did not do anything wrong, but if you notice an error I made. Please let me know.

image.png.2b8a4d555c132e6554985cf172523113.png

We are really sorry.

This was due to miscommunication in moderation team.

Your ban has been revoked.

• Thanks 6
  • I agree 1

14 minutes ago, uetam said:

We are really sorry.

This was due to miscommunication in moderation team.

Your ban has been revoked.

Thank you for quickly clearing this up for the user.  Can you please look at my post from earlier today which addresses the Sosnowiec Poludniowy issues in further detail and proposes a fix?  I think implementing a procedure like what I outline there will prevent these blocks from happening - that is, unless a player forces them to happen, and by that point I would blame the player.

• I agree 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Tin:

We tried the train to go back via a substitute signal but sadly I lost comms with the driver.

I was part of this deadlock, too, while Tin was dispatcher (server DE3). I was stuck at SP trying to get to the SG single line. The radio was automatically set to channel 5, but a lot of other drivers were discussing this deadlock on channel 1. I tried contacting Tin several times by chat over the channels 1,2 and 5, but did not get a response. Other drivers had no luck either. Me and the other drivers concluded that the deadlock was caused by dispatching error in SG (sending trains to SP without line lock). And because we weren't able to reach the dispatcher, some of us reported Tin.

I'm actually not sure whether the radio channel setting affects chat and voice chat. If so, is the dispatcher connected to all channels? After Tin left, we had another dispatcher who first didn't respond, but was later using voice. Maybe there is a problem preventing communication with the dispatcher at SG that makes them look like trolls?

Finally we were able to fix the deadlock by using the bug to slowly pass red lights and then derail two trains.

Sorry for the report!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bender192 said:

I was part of this deadlock, too, while Tin was dispatcher (server DE3). I was stuck at SP trying to get to the SG single line. The radio was automatically set to channel 5, but a lot of other drivers were discussing this deadlock on channel 1. I tried contacting Tin several times by chat over the channels 1,2 and 5, but did not get a response. Other drivers had no luck either. Me and the other drivers concluded that the deadlock was caused by dispatching error in SG (sending trains to SP without line lock). And because we weren't able to reach the dispatcher, some of us reported Tin.

I'm actually not sure whether the radio channel setting affects chat and voice chat. If so, is the dispatcher connected to all channels? After Tin left, we had another dispatcher who first didn't respond, but was later using voice. Maybe there is a problem preventing communication with the dispatcher at SG that makes them look like trolls?

Finally we were able to fix the deadlock by using the bug to slowly pass red lights and then derail two trains.

Sorry for the report!

SG is channel 2 but down in SP its channel 5.

You only hear people talking on the same channel so if you are on channel 5 you wont hear channel 2 and they wont hear you.

Dispatch can not change their channel.
And also, sometimes they cant hear people anyway

Edited by thenavvy

I think that the only permanent solution to this problem is for the developers to enable Sosnowiec Poludniowy to be human-operated as soon as possible, to erase any problems the AI can cause. Other people in-game have also expressed their support about this idea, and I want to believe that it will be implemented in the near future.

• I agree 3

1 hour ago, Spong said:

I think that the only permanent solution to this problem is for the developers to enable Sosnowiec Poludniowy to be human-operated as soon as possible, to erase any problems the AI can cause. Other people in-game have also expressed their support about this idea, and I want to believe that it will be implemented in the near future.

Believe it or not, I posted an analysis dictating this, oh, 11 hours ago, but it's locked in "Pending approval" status.  Keep an eye on the suggestions forum.

• Thanks 1