[EN] Community EDR (Timetable screen for dispatchers) v2.0

DeadlyKungFu.Ninja

Hello,

Thank you all for your patience and feedbacks, version 1.3 has now reached production ! 🙂 
This is the version that includes all the improvements we have been working once since a few weeks ! Here a a few screenshots before the traditional changelog 😉 

image.thumb.png.aaba98f114077690bd117ff6e8a2f993.png
image.png.788bd88b3c5a15228ca6760265cc274f.png
image.thumb.png.5dfab1b61fec99d8305ae30cbdfc7ea8.png

image.thumb.png.55b84c07514cb4a49e13f4722f411431.png
Enhancements

Fixes

Finally, welcome to quead (https://github.com/quead) that has joined the effort for this version and has helped a lot to bring all the features and enhancements more quickly than expected ! 🙂 

We hope that the wait was not too long but given the huge code rewrite this version has needed we hope you understand.
Thank you all for your support and nice messages, we hope you like 1.3 and see you soon for the next version ! 🙂 

simrail-dev-icon.png.a7b63254365962e52dd230f6c07634ae.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, CrypterEmerald here!

As you may know, DeadlyKungFu.Ninja is retiring from the EDR project, however I decided to continue working on it. Taking over the project and the infrastructure behind it is not a simple task and it will take some time, so please be patient. More info is available on the Github page. In the meantime you can reach me here on the forums or on Discord.

See you on the rails!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to Community EDR 2.0!

This update involves new hosting and new infrastructure and it may not appear for everyone simultaneously, please be patient (up to 24h from now). This is a huge update compared to the state of 1.3 so I decided to change the version to 2.0 instead of 1.4. The URL remains the same: https://edr.simrail.app

Found a bug? Have ideas for improvements? Tell me on Github!

Want to help translate the project? Sign up on Transifex!

For questions or just a chat, send me a message here on the forum or find me on the Official or the Global Community Discord.

Without further ado, here is the changelog:

Important changes

• Backend rewrite which replaces the official EDR website scraper with the official API
  • Infrastructure (hosting) has been completely changed
  • Full server timetable refreshes every day at 04:00 (Warsaw time) based on EN1 (for now)
  • Add support for Grodzisk Mazowiecki and upcoming dispatch posts

Additional changes and enhancements

• Dispatch posts have new and optimized images on the selection screen and they are alphabetically sorted
  • Train pictures have been optimized
  • EDR view has a new button for trains that switches to their respective driver view
  • EDR view now shows direction of each train based on dispatcher's perspective (and the dispatcher monitor in-game)
  • EDR view has better information on whether the train has passed the station
  • Changed Chinese & Polish community badges
  • Driver view now shows stops (and their type)
  • Multiple visual enhancements to driver view
  • Train list for driver view is now grouped and sorted by train number
  • Romanian language is now supported

Fixes

• Popup windows (modals) had their close button hidden on certain monitor sizes
  • Several pathfinding issues have been fixed
  • Added missing EP08 picture
  • Temporarily removed max speed for trains on EDR view as the data was simply wrong
  • Timezone display was missing correct number signs
  • Driver view now omits repeated speed limit signs
  • Driver view had sorting problems when a train was in service during midnight
  • In certain cases the dispatch post list could crash
  • Fixed timezone could be incorrect in certain areas with DST

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

Community EDR 2.1 released!

Hello everyone, it's time for a new release. Work continues to integrate the official API even better as well as houskeeping duties in order to increase maintainability in the long run. I've managed to add in a couple of new and useful features too, hope you like it!

As usual, if you want to help with translations, sign up for Transifex, if you have new ideas or a bug to squash, you can report it here.

Changes and features

• The train list now shows players driving
  • The driver view received a toggle which turns on/off the speed limits
  • The driver view now shows when a player is dispatching one of the stations
  • The EDR view now shows the next station for a train instead of guessing the nearest one
  • The EDR view now tries to predict when a train will arrive (for trains within ~20 mins) based on it's location, timetable and speed instead of only the speed - This should be much more accurate for most situations, but of course it's not perfect
  • The EDR view now shows a green indicator for trains approaching the station
  • Changed some train direction indicators on the EDR view for KnapĂłwka & WƂoszczowa PóƂnoc
  • The language selector has been alphabetically sorted and now uses native words for supported languages
  • Added support for 3 (probably) upcoming dispatch posts: Ɓazy, Ɓazy Ɓa & Dąbrowa GĂłrnicza Ząbkowice
  • Added support for upcoming train (service) types

Fixes

• Some dispatch stations showed their timezone with a double negative sign
  • The graph view now opens directly in a new window instead of the non-functional Modal (pop-up)
  • Fixed several situations where the EDR view could fail to load
  • Fixed background image stretching to infinity if the page is long enough
  • Fixed Stop column display for multi-timetable posts (Sosnowiec GƂówny)
  • Fixed missing pictures for some trains due to the game update on 2023-04-07
  • Fixed train notification icon appearing for offline trains

• Like 5
  • I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Community EDR 2.2 released!

This is mostly a technical release, so without further ado, here is the changelog:

Changes and features

• Add support for Norwegian and Spanish languages (thanks!)
  • Add proper support for Juliusz & Szeligi

Fixes

• TCE trains were listed as 'Other' instead of cargo
  • Optimizations and small fixes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Community EDR 2.3 released!

Hello everyone! A lot of work went into this release, hope you like it!

As usual, if you want to help with translations, sign up for Transifex, if you have new ideas or a bug to squash, you can report it here.

Important changes

• Support for the latest Simrail update released on 2023.05.17 (timetable & new dispatch posts)
  • The ETA estimation that was beside the next station for a train has been removed as it was severely inaccurate and therefore completely useless
  • The arrival time column has been changed so that it no longer shows the minutes left (in real time) until scheduled arrival. Instead it now shows actual live delay / earliness of the train. This is very similar to how real-world timetables work. The current implementation uses local logic for calculations which means that this data will be empty on page load and will get gradually updated as trains progress through their timetable. It is not dependent on the official EDR data.
  • The backend has been upgraded to use a much more accurate distance calculation method. For those curious, this uses a modified OSRM server that serves as a train route calculator. Unfortunately ETA calculations are currently all over the place (which is why they were removed from the UI and will not be displayed for the forseeable future)
  • Support added for switching between map providers (two of them for now: https://map.simrail.app and https://simrail.me)

Changes and features

• The realtime clock on the top is now synchronized with the game server
  • The driver view got a table header for the timetable part so it's easier to understand the information presented

Fixes

• The EDR view has been changed to use better spacing so it shouldn't jump around so much anymore
  • The driver view also got better spacing
  • The driver view now shows all checkpoints and stops instead of only major stations
  • Pathfinding fixed for several stations
  • Graph load errors fixed for several dispatch stations
  • Lots of optimizations and fixes
  • Add missing EU flag on server select screen

Known issues

• Unfortunately the graph view is in a very sorry state and it needs a complete rewrite in order for it to function properly again. Contributions are welcome!
  • The driver view doesn't display line speed limits even if it's toggled on

Edited by Crypter Emerald
Map links weren't clickable
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This looks great. One thing I can't see is confirming arrival/depatrue, and seeing whether the other dispatcher has confirmed. This is quite useful for dispatching effectively, letting the other dispatchers know about any delays, etc.

I am not sure what the API for this is, but from what I gathered, the user would have to probably input the key they get in the URL when they click extra post actions > Open timetable in browser.   The only API I found is that the official web EDR uses blazor, which handles all rendering server-side with C#, and makes it hard to get the actual request used for confirming arrival, setting time, etc

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 10:56 AM, d513 said:

This looks great. One thing I can't see is confirming arrival/depatrue, and seeing whether the other dispatcher has confirmed. This is quite useful for dispatching effectively, letting the other dispatchers know about any delays, etc.

I am not sure what the API for this is, but from what I gathered, the user would have to probably input the key they get in the URL when they click extra post actions > Open timetable in browser.   The only API I found is that the official web EDR uses blazor, which handles all rendering server-side with C#, and makes it hard to get the actual request used for confirming arrival, setting time, etc

Hi and sorry for the late reply and thanks !

As of now, there is no (known) API endpoint to confirm arrival or departure times even with the token.
Indeed, blazor usage was a fun challenge at first, but since then there is a nice API to get the schedules 🙂
But, it makes it very hard to replicate the calls and behave like the game's EDR if we have the auth token, like it would have been with an HTTP API.

However, it was said that one day such an endpoint might come for third party tools but in the meantime I don't think it can be supported outside of SimRail 🙂

See you !

• I agree 1

• 5 weeks later...

Community EDR 2.4 released!

Hello everyone, it's been a while, huh? I've released 2.4 a couple minutes ago, hopefully nothing's broken. If you have any issues, you can report it on Github as usual. Happy rolling on rails!

Changes and features

• Added support for SƂawkĂłw, Ɓazy Ɓa, Dąbrowa GĂłrnicza Ząbkowice dispatch stations (thanks for your help Matejzon)
  • Added support for new trains & liveries
  • The train list for driver view is now a little bit easier to understand
  • Small changes to driver view for a more mobile-friendly interface (train details are now on a new tab beside the timeline)

Fixes

• Fixed infinite loading when driver view is selected on an offline train
  • Fixed speed restrictions missing on driver view (please remember that these only contain line speeds and not include temporary limits)
  • Fixed 'To line' sometimes displaying wrong line number on EDR view
  • Fixed background image for resolutions > FullHD
  • Fixed rare timezone issue when server time is not in the same daylight savings date as the browser
  • Fixed some trains missing from driver view select (Thanks @FrozenTux !)
  • Fixed overflow for EDR mobile view

Other

• Reverted FR Discord link to the previous link
  • Added very simple guide for self-hosting intended for people with some programming knowledge
  • Added OSRM server to the repo
Edited by Crypter Emerald
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Community EDR 2.5 released!

The new version is now live with support for the new dispatch stations as well as new vehicles and liveries. I also fixed the timezone issue, hopefully for realsies now. If you have any issues, you can report it on Github as usual. Keep on rolling!

Changes and features

• Added EDR support for Ɓazy ƁB (Ɓazy), Dąbrowa GĂłrnicza Huta Katowice, Sosnowiec Kazimierz, Bukowno, Tunel, KozƂów, PruszkĂłw (thanks for your help Matejzon)
  • Added support for the new ET22 locomotive as well as some missing liveries for existing trains
  • Removed the graph button from the EDR view, since the feature is basically broken. It's still accessible via URL query parameter (?graphFullScreenMode=1), but most stations won't work at all.

Fixes

• Fixedℱ the timezone issue, hopefully for real this time
  • The map provider selector is no longer covered by the timeline on the driver view

Other

• Simrail.me was removed from map provider list as it no longer exists
  • Technical dependencies were upgraded (housekeeping)
  • SimrailFR link was changed (again) to the original Discord invite
  • Some thumbnail pictures were replaced, vehicle pictures are now JPEGs too (smaller and faster loading) - thanks Matejzon
  • German, Italian and Norwegian translations were updated - thanks to the contributors!