Wow, applause for attention of detail

The whole drive out of Warsaw is fantastic. Those river bridges over the Vistula are great too. 

The assets SimKol have created are really well done, and seem like a city or town, not just a 1km block of generic assets.

I'm not a 'fanboy', but the sounds are great, the night lighting is nice, and the huge route, plus branches are awesome.

• I agree 2

Warsaw is certainly one of the better cityscapes I've seen in a train sim. Plenty of unique buildings, some of them even branded (I'm not particularly bothered if the branding is real or fake, but it's better than many other cityscapes where not a single building has a sign on it), and the skyline is generally full. Ask another company to make a city like this and they'd probably find all sorts of justification for why they can't do it...but SimRail can!

My one complaint may be that SimRail still needs some sort of 'distant terrain' system so you can see things like hills, mountains, and big buildings from distances further than just a few km. Right now, the skyline sorta appears from nowhere, even at max draw distance.

• I agree 4

• SIMRAIL Team

Yeah I agree. The assets themselves may not be the highest of detail (but that's because they're background assets), not only does this not bother me, but I also know it's necessary. Having said that, SimRail does what most other train sims/games fail to do - it makes the world feel like it's lived in. You constantly see people OUTSIDE of the station, constantly see workers on or by the line, cars on the roads, etc. Pretty much every other game has people on platforms and maybe cars on the roads. This lends very little to making the world feel "lived in" and real.

• I agree 1

Yes, the observations you made are good @pschlik. I believe the farmland type areas are all a wip. 

I had a night drive out of Warsaw to Psary, and the feeling of going from City, to suburbs and out into farmland was great. 

The track work and lighting at the Warsaw southern depot, plus out at Idzikowice and other areas we whisk past, are fab, especially at night, with passing traffic too.

I hope the editor drops, I'm ready to create assets and make some collaborative routes!

Edited by giBBer8

I haven't explored all the extensions yet and Warsaw is one one of them.  So far I only ran the bypass from SG once.

If I have some time I might have to take a run.  Though I also need to build up my dispatching time at some point if I want to fight everyone for the big desk in MP.

Thanks

Sean

19 hours ago, pschlik said:

My one complaint may be that SimRail still needs some sort of 'distant terrain' system so you can see things like hills, mountains, and big buildings from distances further than just a few km. Right now, the skyline sorta appears from nowhere, even at max draw distance.

I don't know Poland... but I assumed that entire region to be plain... actually i don't know if that is so, or if the sim doesnt have 'distant terrain' yet

Edited by Aldarion

Looks like Poland is fairly flat in the middle, but there are plenty of mountainous regions. Will be interesting to see how SimRail will render mountains. One of my pet peeves with TS is how trees pop in on bald mountains as you get closer. And the fact that the mountains base color is not of the trees color makes the pop even more noticeable. Some serious LOD'ing is needed, mountain textures, or fog, or something.

There were deer standing along side the track in the TRAXX tutorial, if I remember correctly. Love little details like that.

• I agree 1