Microphone Input not recognized

Offi

Hello,
when I'm in Multiplayer, my Microphone input is not recognized. All my Input devices are listed correctly in the menu, but the volume preview doesn't show anything.
Windows does recognize the input, so I don't know where the problem is located.

I hope you can help me 🙂

• Like 2

I had a similiar issue, I used WaveLink from Elgato and had the Volume display only in the main menu and in game the volume preview was at 0. For me the issue was fixed when I disabled any external software that interferied with voice communication such as Voicemeeter or Wave Link.

Ingame I had no microphone, the preview was empty and only sounded when I changed the Microphone after I clicked apply the microphone preview was at 0 again.
The issue is a few days back and sadly I do not have any logs to present.

I also observed this issue while I was a dispatcher. I was able to talk with another dispatcher via phone but I could not hear any player over the radio and no one heard me. We checked with another dispatcher that I had the correct radio station set.

• 4 months later...

Hey there.

Gotta dig this up. 😄

Since 2 Days ive got a similar Problem...my Mic works fine in every App/Game but in SimRail it wont work when driving a Train.

Automatic Radio Channel is selected and i can hear everyone fine, but they tell me that they cant hear me (Yep im close to them!).

Funny enough when in Dispatcher Mode it works fine again!

Also, when going to the Settings in Main Menu and testing Mic in the Audio Tab it works!

But when sitting in a Train and testing at the Sound Page again it doesnt!

So im pretty clueless whats going on.

Already updated my Sound Drivers just to make sure thats not an Issue but as i thought it didnt change a thing.

Id be happy if someone has an Idea how to resolve this, since this aint much fun without it.

///UPDATE: As of now it works again...i didnt change a Thing, nor did i update something...it just decided to work again and hopefully stays that Way now.

SimRail_log_2023-06-15_23-35-26.txt

Edited by KillerChicken
Attached Log