Vote for kick system

An honest question looking for an honest reply...

Since the EA launch, have you encountered any mal-intent in your chosen server, during peak patronage?

I hear of 'trolls' deliberately messing up a dispatch area in MP, and little evidence. I've played since mid-December and not had any issue whatsoever. I used to go to the En1 'beginners server' but now know my way around. I now use the other less populated servers, no issues. 

I really believe that 90% of the SimRail buyers are genuine rail sim fans and the servers will settle into a "sympathetic" way of thinking, and mistakes will be genuine. Up to now, this is my experience anyway. 

If you are getting stopped by "a newb lol", play in a quiet server. NO need for kicking.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

An honest question looking for an honest reply...

Since the EA launch, have you encountered any mal-intent in your chosen server, during peak patronage?

I hear of 'trolls' deliberately messing up a dispatch area in MP, and little evidence. I've played since mid-December and not had any issue whatsoever. I used to go to the En1 'beginners server' but now know my way around. I now use the other less populated servers, no issues. 

I really believe that 90% of the SimRail buyers are genuine rail sim fans and the servers will settle into a "sympathetic" way of thinking, and mistakes will be genuine. Up to now, this is my experience anyway. 

If you are getting stopped by "a newb lol", play in a quiet server. NO need for kicking.

Dunno if I have to catalog them as "trolls" as I don't know if they're just starting into the game or what. But we've had on the Spanish server non Spanish speakers messing up big times in Sosn. Gw and in Bedzin by simply not letting trains through. Yesterday we had for example, a player holding trains/not replying to messages at Bedzin.

Edited by Kaito Kid

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kaito Kid:

I was just replying to Footz as he said "how am I supposed to know that just departing from Warsaw"... Obviously this is a tricky situation to mess with, wonder how do they deal with this on TD2 though.

TD2 has a chat command for signallers to kick players from their scenery and a ticket system for formal complaints which is manually moderated by volunteer staff according to a comprehensive guide of punishments.

Just now, Kaito Kid said:

Dunno if catalog them as "trolls", but we've had on the Spanish server non Spanish speakers messing up big times in Sosn. Gw and in Bedzin by simply not letting trains through. Yesterday we had for example, a player holding trains/not replying to messages at Bedzin.

There are only 2 Spanish servers though. I think you're dealing with new players who are learning.

The English speaking servers have a dedicated "beginners" server, and many players go there as it's busy. The best place to learn is on a quiet server, En, DE, PL or whatever.

The ping doesn't matter at all if dispatching. 

1 minute ago, MalzbierMan said:

TD2 has a chat command for signallers to kick players from their scenery and a ticket system for formal complaints which is manually moderated by volunteer staff according to a comprehensive guide of punishments.

Then maybe something like this should be implemented, but perhaps even the devs have thought already on something else, who knows.

Just now, giBBer8 said:

There are only 2 Spanish servers though. I think you're dealing with new players who are learning.

The English speaking servers have a dedicated "beginners" server, and many players go there as it's busy. The best place to learn is on a quiet server, En, DE, PL or whatever.

The ping doesn't matter at all if dispatching. 

Yup that's what I think, that they're newbies. When I started with the playtests, I was all alone playing by myself on empty servers, so yeah, I totally agree with you.

6 minut temu, Kaito Kid napisał(a):

Then maybe something like this should be implemented, but perhaps even the devs have thought already on something else, who knows.

never had issues with td2 but many people do complain on the forum which came from td2 that it was too strict and harsh. From the chat I've reckoned that some form of 'peace keeping" is beeing prepared by the devs.

• Like 1

Seems most people agree the AI is a bigger issue than any trolls.  Perhaps this is why they are dealing with this first then worrying about troll measures.

People just need to be patient and let them figure it out.  I have AI flowcharts I use in programming my own projects and they seem to work pretty well even in advanced track conditions.  This includes multiple lengths, smaller sidings (in North America).  In Europe you don't have to worry so much about the later but priority is definately something you should be concerned with.

Thanks

Sean

• I agree 1

1 hour ago, SurvivorSean said:

Seems most people agree the AI is a bigger issue than any trolls.  Perhaps this is why they are dealing with this first then worrying about troll measures.

People just need to be patient and let them figure it out.  I have AI flowcharts I use in programming my own projects and they seem to work pretty well even in advanced track conditions.  This includes multiple lengths, smaller sidings (in North America).  In Europe you don't have to worry so much about the later but priority is definately something you should be concerned with.

Thanks

Sean

I haven't had any issue with any  'trolls' period. I haven't seen many who have, not withstanding the En1 server. Very popular and as advertised...."Beginners Only".

As for the AI, I usually go to EN8 and drive away to my hearts content, the AI being great.

11 minutes ago, giBBer8 said:

I haven't had any issue with any  'trolls' period. I haven't seen many who have, not withstanding the En1 server. Very popular and as advertised...."Beginners Only".

As for the AI, I usually go to EN8 and drive away to my hearts content, the AI being great.

Yesterday n the Spanish server we had some trouble with someone doing nothing and blocking trains in one station, and another one spamming the audio channel and stopping trains too. 1st one wasn't AFK as such as we think he was trying to gain experience to unlock other stations, the other one was really annoying too with the audios/music.