EU07 can bypass red semi-automatic signals if done right

Matejzon

Hello there!

The main issue on EN09 server was that 145xxx freight trains were stuck in the Józefinów area, but since it has been an issue with the AI dispatch, that has been reported a billion times before, I don't really see any point reporting that. (You guys keep working on the AI, Katowice was one of the amazing fixes you guys did during the playtests, so keep up the good work!)

in the meantime...

I was bored and started playing bowling with trains (hoping it would fix the AI not giving way to anybody), but I became curious whether it actually is impossible to bypass a red light or not. I'm happy to report, that with the Pendolinos it is either impossible or would be an inhumane speedrunner pixel perfect clutch moment to bypass the signal.
With the EU07 though...
I will try to put a video below, it is actually not that hard, you just need patience.

Reproduce steps:

1. Get hold of an EU07 stuck in front of a red light (not ABS)
  2. Turn off the AI
  3. Creep forward until the 0m mark
  4. Have the train brake engaged in the first position (Initial) -- grade dependent
  5. Use notch 2-3-4-5 to move forward -- just very slowly
  6. Next speed limit comes up on HUD, after it the red light disappears from HUD
  7. Engage the AI (or not, it might work in manual control as well, I had 100% success with the bot though)
  8. Profit

Video (The bypass happens at around 3:17):