Dev Team pls add a Headlight Dim to a Button

Hi Team,

concrats to you nice Game, but in MP after Hours i become Ill from the Players there must be Horn all the Time, when they Meet here. Its been nice, no way...but in Real Life in Germany we make from Train Driver to Train Driver and Dispachter the Headlights to Dimm to Normal and Back.. that would be nice.....for my Ears and my Head and the virtual fellow citizens

• Confused 1
  • I agree 3

• SIMRAIL Team

It won't be flipable with current button commands system anyway. Just one way as all other switches. Would it help in any way if you'd have to use mouse to switch back to long lights?

• 2 weeks later...
Am 15.1.2023 um 22:47 schrieb Bender83:

Its been nice, no way...but in Real Life in Germany we make from Train Driver to Train Driver and Dispachter the Headlights to Dimm to Normal and Back.. 

That only works in Germany. In other countrys dim and light up the headlights is a warning signal, compareable to the german Sh3/Sh5.

I don't know, if it is the same in Poland, but if you want it realistic then dimming and light up just for greeting should be forbidden too

Am 15.1.2023 um 22:47 schrieb Bender83:

Hi Team,

concrats to you nice Game, but in MP after Hours i become Ill from the Players there must be Horn all the Time, when they Meet here. Its been nice, no way...but in Real Life in Germany we make from Train Driver to Train Driver and Dispachter the Headlights to Dimm to Normal and Back.. that would be nice.....for my Ears and my Head and the virtual fellow citizens

yep that Pentolino horns are really loud nearly get deaf from them when i hear it 😬

On 1/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, Kalkin said:

That only works in Germany. In other countrys dim and light up the headlights is a warning signal, compareable to the german Sh3/Sh5.

I don't know, if it is the same in Poland, but if you want it realistic then dimming and light up just for greeting should be forbidden too

Are we talking about half and full light, if so what countries is that forbidden?

I've heard a story from a driver in England that he used to greet a friend by sounding the horn every time he passed by, but drivers in his company was later told to stop signalling the horn at that location because of complaints, understandably so. Train horns are loud 🙂

And flashing lights I've seen being used in Sweden in one of Thomas videos on YouTube. Must be legal there then?

It's been suggested to add a wave animations to the characters in game, not as fun as train horns and lights, but still, could be fun to have emote animations in general. In real life it looks like the old wave-your-hand is more common than being loud and flashy. I don't know, may be different from country to country.

When it's dark (or in tunnels... like the london underground)  some drivers greet each other by flashing the cab light on and off. 

In Poland, flashing headlights is a danger / distress signal, there's even a setting on the Elf's (and possibly traxx and Pendolino's) headlight switch to do this (SOS mode i think the tool tip is in english)

In the PKP rule book it mentions

§ 15. Alarm signals
1) Signal A1 "Alarm"
Two white lights flashing on the front of the locomotive and simultaneously one long and three short beeps of the locomotive audible device,
or one long and three short beeps of the workshop siren, trumpet, whistle or telephone ringing, 
repeated several times :   ____ . . . 

a) the A1 alarm signal is given to notify railway employees of the existing or possible threat to traffic safety, personal safety of employees, third parties or all railway property.
b) the A 1 alarm signal is given by the traction vehicle team in the event of the train stopping for an unknown reason on a track of a two- or multi-track route, or in the event of finding an unsignaled obstacle to the train's movement on a route track,
c) the A 1 alarm signal should be given until it is determined that there is no obstacle to driving on the adjacent tracks, or until the obstacle is properly removed,
d) after receiving the A1 alarm signal, the traction vehicle team of another train traveling on the route should regulate the speed in such a way that the train can be stopped before the obstacle encountered,
e) employees with equipment intended for giving sound signals should repeat the alarm signals heard sounds until the action starts and rescue.

I flash the top headlight on and off a few times when a human driven train is coming towards me as a greeting, according to the above rules that should be ok, but i'd imagine that in real life any flashing train headlights should be seen as a possible danger signal?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gazz292:

When it's dark (or in tunnels... like the london underground)  some drivers greet each other by flashing the cab light on and off. 

In Poland, flashing headlights is a danger / distress signal, there's even a setting on the Elf's (and possibly traxx and Pendolino's) headlight switch to do this (SOS mode i think the tool tip is in english)

In the PKP rule book it mentions

§ 15. Alarm signals
1) Signal A1 "Alarm"
Two white lights flashing on the front of the locomotive and simultaneously one long and three short beeps of the locomotive audible device,
or one long and three short beeps of the workshop siren, trumpet, whistle or telephone ringing, 
repeated several times :   ____ . . . 

a) the A1 alarm signal is given to notify railway employees of the existing or possible threat to traffic safety, personal safety of employees, third parties or all railway property.
b) the A 1 alarm signal is given by the traction vehicle team in the event of the train stopping for an unknown reason on a track of a two- or multi-track route, or in the event of finding an unsignaled obstacle to the train's movement on a route track,
c) the A 1 alarm signal should be given until it is determined that there is no obstacle to driving on the adjacent tracks, or until the obstacle is properly removed,
d) after receiving the A1 alarm signal, the traction vehicle team of another train traveling on the route should regulate the speed in such a way that the train can be stopped before the obstacle encountered,
e) employees with equipment intended for giving sound signals should repeat the alarm signals heard sounds until the action starts and rescue.

I flash the top headlight on and off a few times when a human driven train is coming towards me as a greeting, according to the above rules that should be ok, but i'd imagine that in real life any flashing train headlights should be seen as a possible danger signal?

i normaly use the alarm headlights when i need to pass a dark signal

Light signals really is a mixed bag in Europe, including for alarm. For instance it's three flashing whites in Sweden, flashing whites in France (can be alternating left/right), two reds and a white in the Netherlands, two whites and a red in Germany; three reds in Switzerland.

From my understanding flashing alarm signals are full flashing; not only dimming, but I am not certain of this.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1