Simrail DLCs

nie Kolejarz

We know from Q&A about plans for German and US DLCs. What is the current progress in DLCs? When firsts DLCs are going to be released? What other countries we'd see in Simrail in future?
Map of Simrail DLCs made by myself according to Q&A info
Red- base Simrail country
Orange- most probably DLCs
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1044689857219395705/1045455141391843430/image.png

A steam era UK route would be nice, though. Imagine something like the Somerset & Dorset on a Summer Saturday, with all the signalboxes crewed by real players in MP.

I'll take Evercreech Junction!

Or the Far North line in Scotland, though three trains a day in each direction plus a few freights (depending on era) not that challenging. You would basically have to jump from signalbox to signalbox as signaller. Might work in SP as a means of providing dispatcher mode, though.

Edited by BigVern
  • Like 3

On 12/9/2022 at 12:18 PM, Revilius said:

Or maybe a few  scandinavian routes. 

I agree, that has as far as I know not been done before (although that is probably true for several European countries. But Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland would be awesome in my book, my very biased book.

• Like 1

I have a feeling the biggest obstacle to hobby produced (freeware) routes is going to be how the heck do you make up complex signal/dispatch panels for the route? I have signalled many a route I built in MSTS, Trainz and TSC but ask me to translate that to an interlocking board and I wouldn't have the first clue. Maybe the process will be automated but I somehow doubt it, in which case I'm not optimistic about our chances.

• SIMRAIL Team
3 hours ago, BigVern said:

I have a feeling the biggest obstacle to hobby produced (freeware) routes is going to be how the heck do you make up complex signal/dispatch panels for the route? I have signalled many a route I built in MSTS, Trainz and TSC but ask me to translate that to an interlocking board and I wouldn't have the first clue. Maybe the process will be automated but I somehow doubt it, in which case I'm not optimistic about our chances.

I am assuming one would have to set up some sort of logic for it. Whether or not it will be comprehensible or utterly difficult is yet to be concluded. One can speculate that given by the fact they're developing the tools as they are, they plan on using them to make more routes in the future as well. I hope this is the case.

3 minutes ago, TheShotte said:

I am assuming one would have to set up some sort of logic for it. Whether or not it will be comprehensible or utterly difficult is yet to be concluded. One can speculate that given by the fact they're developing the tools as they are, they plan on using them to make more routes in the future as well. I hope this is the case.

I hope so. I mean in the other sims you just put the signals down and set up the links etc. which even a bear of very little brain like myself can do. Then it just... works. However incorporating that into an interlocking and control system requires professional level signal engineering knowledge. Maybe there will be an element of autogen or you can make a route as AI control only, removing the need for player signalboxes.

Edited by BigVern

Signal boxes are not as complicated as they look.  For example if it's a CPU screen then it's already been done for years in track builder.  In fact you may recall I wanted to get the ED code for Run8 so I could use External Dispathcer in TD3 at one point.  It has a small learning curve but it can be done.

All those buttons etc. in some of those boxes look complicated but again if programmed correctly they simply represent logical conditions.  Yes it might be difficult for someone without the experience but others with the experience will help.  Just like I've had the help of many to get myself through the point I'm competent in all signal boxes now (and they are becoming a bit repetitive in the playtest when everything isn't screwed up).

I'll be silently optimistic and wait and see what they come up with.  So far they have exceeded my expectations.  Even with all the issues the amount of simulation they've poured into this is quite amazing thus far.

Thanks

Sean

On 12/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, MJtrewDK said:

Would be epic! We need some scandinavian routes. Never done before, only modded into Railworks, even that isnt that good though.. 

MSTS had a couple and Trainz had an active Swedish contingent at one point. But most of the stuff in Trainz is nearly 20 years old and showing its age, old cabs and aliases to the default Alco or GM sounds, coaches with no visible (opaque windows) interiors etc. Some of the stuff requires a dependency hunt for items not on the DLS (never could get the Y7 railcars to work).

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, BigVern said:

A steam era UK route would be nice, though. Imagine something like the Somerset & Dorset on a Summer Saturday, with all the signalboxes crewed by real players in MP.

Hahah, sounds cool, but I already can imagine those poor dispatchers running from one side to another with paper schedule logbooks to swith the right way for your train 😀😂