Complete scenario

lDestinyl

but this is a playtest, you do not have access to the full route / map, all the trains, and all of the scenarios and services, or all of the signal boxes etc.

In the MP tests we get to drive less than a quarter of the full route... driving a full route is going to take many hours... just like in real life... this is a simulator rather than a game after all, 
we can already drive for almost 2 hours in a row in multiplayer... and as it's live with other drivers and dispatchers on the servers, you need to allow that time to yourself to do this.
Usually in MP when we reach the end of the part of the route we can drive we just get kicked out... thats if you make it to the end before server reboots. 

The single player thing is really just about teaching people who have not played the Prologue or demo versions of Simrail from earlier this year and last year how to operate the trains, i imagine the results from the multiplayer testing also covers most of the single player stuff, 

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

23 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

but this is a playtest, you do not have access to the full route / map, all the trains, and all of the scenarios and services, or all of the signal boxes etc.

In the MP tests we get to drive less than a quarter of the full route... driving a full route is going to take many hours... just like in real life... this is a simulator rather than a game after all, 
we can already drive for almost 2 hours in a row in multiplayer... and as it's live with other drivers and dispatchers on the servers, you need to allow that time to yourself to do this.
Usually in MP when we reach the end of the part of the route we can drive we just get kicked out... thats if you make it to the end before server reboots. 

The single player thing is really just about teaching people who have not played the Prologue or demo versions of Simrail from earlier this year and last year how to operate the trains, i imagine the results from the multiplayer testing also covers most of the single player stuff, 

I agree. That was more of a nod to the developers. Apparently there will be some sort of career mode and locomotives will probably unlock lvl. To keep track of what one has and hasn't completed. Nothing more, I wouldn't look for science in it. 😉

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Gazz292:

How do you know?

because that's what everyone who has tried it say it's like.

there were people speculating all sorts, from being able to drive the other trains like the pendulino, to getting the whole map available in single player and so on,

i was expecting a similar experience to multi player just with all AI around you,

But i wonder to myself if maybe it was changed at the last moment to be tutorials, due of the influx of new playtesters on the multiplayer who were shouting about how they cant figure out how to drive a train (when they have never played a train driving game/sim before) that if tutorials are not added right now customers will be lost etc.

Even when they were pointed towards the prologue and demo it wasn't good enough,
Discord even had people demanding others copy the files, compress and send them to them (piracy) and how they should get the full sim for free because they have joined the playtest,
others complaining they haven't got the full 500Km of track or all the trains, i.e expecting the playtest to be a way to get the full sim for free.

I can be annoying my self, especially with my essays where 2 lines would get the point across (something i've always struggled with)
But it really gets to me when someone comes blasting in, and their first post is all shoutey, demanding things like:

Translate absolutely all functions into english.

There's no tutorial, i have never played train games before,
i can't make the levers work, auto pilot keeps taking over,
you have lost a customer due to this.

i want more points scoring in this game.

we must have more fun things to do, it's boring waiting for trains to come along when playing as dispatcher.

hate this game, there's only 3 trains and 1 route, it's soooo boring, we need more trains and routes NOW.

i've driven this route 3 times now, when will there be new one, i've seen everything there is to see.

The typical millennial perma-triggered entitled lot i guess, most of who i feel would be happier playing Trainz or derail valley.. or even tsw.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Personally I was underwhelmed but it's nice to have some tutorials since I never played the prologue.  Besides I'm just here for the ride and to help out if I can.  Don't worry I'm sure myself and others will put the whiners in place.  It's OK for something to not hit personal expectations when this has already exceeded all my expectations.

I am starting to get a little bored and burned out though as the buzz wares off.  So now I'm looking forward to the release and no I will not be dissappointed if it gets delayed.  Especially if we can continue to help and all these updates are happening before our eyes.

Thanks

Sean

• I agree 2

56 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

I can be annoying my self, especially with my essays where 2 lines would get the point across (something i've always struggled with)
But it really gets to me when someone comes blasting in, and their first post is all shoutey, demanding things like:

Translate absolutely all functions into english.

There's no tutorial, i have never played train games before,
i can't make the levers work, auto pilot keeps taking over,
you have lost a customer due to this.

i want more points scoring in this game.

we must have more fun things to do, it's boring waiting for trains to come along when playing as dispatcher.

hate this game, there's only 3 trains and 1 route, it's soooo boring, we need more trains and routes NOW.

i've driven this route 3 times now, when will there be new one, i've seen everything there is to see.

The typical millennial perma-triggered entitled lot i guess, most of who i feel would be happier playing Trainz or derail valley.. or even tsw.

Please,you have just spammed the thread with quite a lot of crying you guys! I see you on the forum under everything and you keep saying something nonsensical to say. Can we get back to the topic that is in the thread title? Everything you have listed here has not been addressed except by you SurvivorSean and Gazz292. THANK YOU.

• I disagree 2

well, my idea was that this is a playtest, so there are lots of things deliberately left out, and maybe some unintentionally left out.

i drive almost exclusively in multiplayer, and i'm driving along the track when suddenly the screen changes to a station, my train is gone, and a blank popup with only a green icon and 'scenario complete' shows,
i can click 'Graph at the bottom and see my almost 2 hour long trip, but there's no other info.

Other times i've had a list of the stations i stopped at to show if i was early, late or ontime, so it's all kinda random i think.

It always shows me everything in the chart. They won't be finishing the features much longer in May just before the release. The locked scenario completion feature will definitely not be.  That's how I would imagine it would work. Two options, a simple bar or a medal.

ad.jpg

i'm confused,

i thought you meant when completing the scenario, you got no confirmation you had completed it.

With the picture, i'm now thinking you mean there's nothing to show that you have already done a particular scenario... which right now is easy as there's only a couple to chose from,
But when there are hundereds, then yes something thats distinguishes the already driven scenarios from the undriven ones is needed.

1 hour ago, lDestinyl said:

It always shows me everything in the chart. They won't be finishing the features much longer in May just before the release. The locked scenario completion feature will definitely not be.  That's how I would imagine it would work. Two options, a simple bar or a medal.

ad.jpg

Would be nice to see how well you did compared to the whole community, but that would just invite cheaters to mingle with the result to make it inacurrate. Perhaps ranking among friends for each scenario would be a good idea to add at some point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FluffyAdmiral said:

Would be nice to see how well you did compared to the whole community, but that would just invite cheaters to mingle with the result to make it inacurrate. Perhaps ranking among friends for each scenario would be a good idea to add at some point.

My friends and I always run the same scenario and try to stop as close as possible and not be late. The results between friends would be great.