EU07 tutorial lack of headlights

Aero1995

4 hours ago, Bence said:

I finished the tutorial first and found no major bugs. I noticed two minor things, that I arrived at my destination 5 minutes late. At the beginning, when the train started, the step to turn on the lights was missing.

I guess that you are supposed to be late due to the signal failure that occurs during the tutorial. If it is intentional it would be nice if the tutorial made that clear in it's "storytelling", maybe via a conversation with the dispatcher or conductor? Just a tought.

I've had random signal failures in the multiplayer,

40 minutes worth of traveling at 20Kph, and stopping before every dead signal,   then the 'walk of shame' as i pulled into the station over 40 minutes late and heard the 'we apologise for the lateness of this train' announcement.

I know they talked about it for the release but when did they add that in, as I don't recall seeing it in the update logs?  Do we have failures on the player boxes yet?

That is what I call repeat playability.  I can't wait unti the full schedule is implemented into these boxes, and yes I want my hands on the monster coming soon.

For now I do run lots of trains in between dispatch runs just to mix things up.  I think it's great to be able to do a bit of each and keeps things fresh.

Thanks

Sean

46 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

I've had random signal failures in the multiplayer,

40 minutes worth of traveling at 20Kph, and stopping before every dead signal,   then the 'walk of shame' as i pulled into the station over 40 minutes late and heard the 'we apologise for the lateness of this train' announcement.

wait, it's confirmed that this is an actual random event meant to happen and not some sort of bug?

that's insaneeeee 😀

GOODBYE 

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Pixelade

Regarding multiplayer, I suspect it was not a random failure, more like the dispatcher sent you on a track with the block reversed against the train because he couldn't set it to normal running for some reason.

Had to do it once myself, both blocks set towards me and the neighboring dude wasn't be able to release the right track block... So, to make things shorter for everyone, SZ it was

Btw some degree of failure seems to be there, someone talked about finding a level crossing signal at danger due to a level crossing going into an alarm state for example 

i'm not sure,  in my head i'm convinced it was a random event, but i could be wrong.

I was traveling from Włoszczowa Północ station to Opoczno Południe station, all the boxes were AI controlled in that area, and as far as i can tell it's pretty much just double tracks there once out of the station.

I was routed on the right hand track as normal out of the station, stayed on the right hand track until the end of the map,
All was normal until i got within about 10Km of Pilichowice signal box, which was still AI controlled.

Then i saw on the HUD the next light was red / 0km/h, having recently passed a single green Vmax light.

Slammed the brakes on, and as i got to the signal it was totally dead,
I came to a stop my usual 20m before the signal, the HUD changed to red signal ahead 20km/h speed.

Passing the signal the HUD distance to next signal changed to show that signal was at red too... again when i got there (at 20km/h) it too was dead, and again when i stopped, the signal HUD again changed from 0km/h to 20km/h

Repeat this 10 or more times, and eventually i get a green Vmax signal showing in the HUD, i can see ahead a normal signal... but of course have to remain at 20Kph until i pass that signal.

I'm believing it's a bottleneck as I came on BEFORE the server reboots last night and everything was bottlenecked.  The dispatcher was routing trains all over the place.  Trains with ID's not on the schedule were holding some things up at Bezin were I noticed the rerouting taking place.  There was also a backlog just to the right (I forgot which station has been reported as the one having issues with AI and backing things up).

30 minutes after the reboot I took a train and other than a bit of a delay of a few minutes with AI in the busy areas I was able to catch up time outside the big cities and eventually got bored (probably tired too), quit, and went to bed.  Now I'm here on the start of the holidays and I'm looking forward to get back into it again.  I'll wait until 0900 EST for another server reboot though I might check the servers and see if they are clogged again.

Thanks

Sean

i've just figured out im a tit, and i've got it totally wrong, Stronzio was trying to tell me that, but i totally missed the point being made. 😖

This random event i thought i was seeing with dead signals is not what i thought it was.

i've just had a re-read of the wikipidea page on Polish train signals : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_railway_signalling

The signals i saw that were 'dead' were Bi-Directional Automatic Block Signals.  and the procedure i should have followed was :

(Unlit - no aspect displayed) — on a track with bidirectional ABS, only the signals for currently set direction of travel will be illuminated; signals for "the opposite direction" will not be lit. A driver who finds himself approaching an unlit signal must stop the train and alert the dispatcher.

So i should have stopped and not gone past the signal, 🤬

i did so as the HUD showed a red signal with the speed of 20km/h after i came to a stop, and i remembered reading that automatic block signals can be passed at 20km/h... BUT they would have shown a red aspect. not be totally blank, that vital bit of info i'd forgotten.

I put a message on the text chat about the dead signals, never got any reply, but all the signal boxes in my area were Ai controlled as i pressed TAB to see who to ask about the situation, the last live dispatcher i passed was over 10km behind me.
i was also driving with the live map open on a tablet next to my laptop, which confirmed nothing but AI trains and dispatchers around me,

I guess i should be glad i didn't run head on into a train that was likely properly signaled onto my line.
If this were real life, i imagine my train driving career would be over now. 😭