EU07 tutorial has a schedule you just can't follow

Krtek-JC

I am pretty sure that you are supposed to get as many points as possible. But you can't get all points on the EU07 tutorial as the obstacles built into this scenario impose heavy speed restrictions. Therefore it is impossible to me to follow the schedule. Also there was one station where I departed and where the dispatcher told me in advance about the signal failure prompting a replacement signal to happen. So I accelerated from the platform, the HUD announced a 40 km/h speed restriction on the signal and uhh.. boom it was actually 20 km/h. Maybe that is supposed to work and you should stop at the signal before but you could incorporate it in the tutorial at least.

For all the info you need on Polish signalling, read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_railway_signalling

It's very interesting and will increase enjoyment, immersion and feeling of accomplishment.

In particular, read section Subsidiary Signal.

I wouldn't worry too much about points.  It's not always going to go according to plan.  And in the tutorial, it doesn't go to plan.

• I agree 2

As above...

If you want to earn loads of useless points, get awarded pictures of medals for pressing buttons in the train cab, and even play a pokemon like game where you have to stop the train mid section and get out and search for items to collect,
basically do a bunch of stuff a train driver doesn't do... like fix monitors and telephones, put up posters etc (which you do just by standing next to them, no animations, just 'ping' and it's fixed)

Then maybe tsw is a better choice.
Thats about as arcade and game like as you can get where you drive trains*

It treats you like a 5 years old,  'oh well done, you've just used the wipers, uncle matt is so proud of you, here have a virtual sweetie for being such a good boy'

:

pffft,  sod that,
i want to learn to drive a train in a professional and realistic manner, and i'll improve myself by setting my own goals, like learning the braking points for stations at different speeds, so i enter the platforms at a reasonable speed and brake in a manner that's comfortable for the passengers, not trundle in at 10Kph, or shoot in at 100 and use emergency brakes to stop.

I'll also be learning the signalling, and the rules and regulations, and learning a little Polish along the way.
That's all the reward i need,

:
:
:
Part of the reason for needing to release tsw3 is 'allegedly' because they had ran out of medals / awards on the playstation platforms, they can only be issued once per game, so they needed a new game to reset the medals!!

• Like 1
  • I agree 3

I wrote this on an other topic, guess it applies here as well.

My guess that you are supposed to be late due to the signal failure that occurs during the tutorial. If it is intentional it would be nice if the tutorial made that clear in it's "storytelling", maybe via a conversation with the dispatcher or conductor? Just a tought.

• I agree 1

random events are part of SimRail.

The other night i was driving an EC passenger train in multiplayer, and suddenly had a signal failure on my line (all Ai controlled boxes) i had to drive at 20Kph, stopping before each dead signal before proceeding at the same speed as before.

i was running on time until then, i ended up making the next station stop over 40 minutes late, and hearing the 'we apologies for the late running of this train' announcement as i pulled into the platform.
That was awesome, but i wonder how many would have quit after the 2nd dead signal... it's slooooow doing 12 miles an hour for 40 minutes.

I've got the above totally wrong, and i've corrected myself in another thread, but i'll do so again here where too, 

You see, i have accidentally misled people, apparently random events are not enabled in the playtest,

What i thought was a signal failure was the line i was on being set for a train to travel on it from the opposite direction!  it was my normal line... the right hand one, and it was normal double track, the junctions were at the stations at each end of the ~20km section,

So i don't know why my line had been set up for reverse running and i wasn't switched to the left hand line... maybe someone had done that at the relevant signal box then left, as they were all showing AI controlled in the area when i got there, and when i used the text box to enquire about the dead signals, no one replied.

When i encountered the first dead signal, i should have stopped and not moved, and contacted the dispatcher!

it was only because i saw the HUD change from showing a red signal 20m ahead with 0km/h to red signal 20m ahead with 20km/h that i passed the signal,
I recalled reading about being allowed to do that at automatic block signals... BUT i forgot that the signal must show red to allow me to pass it as restricted speed.

I apologise for misleading people,   i got too excited thinking i was experiencing a random signal failure... something i think will be a feature in the full release, but not something that's enabled in the playtest.

Edited by Gazz292
Because i made a right tit of myself

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Gazz292:

random events are part of SimRail.

The other night i was driving an EC passenger train in multiplayer, and suddenly had a signal failure on my line (all Ai controlled boxes) i had to drive at 20Kph, stopping before each dead signal before proceeding at the same speed as before.

i was running on time until then, i ended up making the next station stop over 40 minutes late, and hearing the 'we apologies for the late running of this train' announcement as i pulled into the platform.
That was awesome, but i wonder how many would have quit after the 2nd dead signal... it's slooooow doing 12 miles an hour for 40 minutes.

This is what I call an Simulation... Randomly Events, never the same thing all over again. But there are Train Announcement in the Playtest? o.O

According to my understanding points are made to level up eventually (which is currently not really developed but could happen at some point) and you are supposed to only be able to access certain content if you got a certain level. So the points are not entirely irrelevant

• I agree 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, Krtek-JC said:

I am pretty sure that you are supposed to get as many points as possible. But you can't get all points on the EU07 tutorial as the obstacles built into this scenario impose heavy speed restrictions. Therefore it is impossible to me to follow the schedule. Also there was one station where I departed and where the dispatcher told me in advance about the signal failure prompting a replacement signal to happen. So I accelerated from the platform, the HUD announced a 40 km/h speed restriction on the signal and uhh.. boom it was actually 20 km/h. Maybe that is supposed to work and you should stop at the signal before but you could incorporate it in the tutorial at least.

It is because of specific rules for those signals.

Substitute signal allows a driver to travel to the next signal at 40kph within station or signal post limits and at the speed of 20kph if the signal is permitting you to drive out onto a railway line equipped with automatic block signallling. Driver should then continue at the speed not exceeding 20kph until front of the train passes an automatic block signal permitting you to travel at higher speeds. The only exception to that rule is when you receive written order that instructs you to do otherwise.

• I agree 1

Do all speed changes start from when the nose of the loco passes the signal / sign?

I know on German and english railways a speed increase only applies when the rear of the whole train has passed the speed change marker / signal, or is fully clear of points if the speed limit was for a junction,
but a lower speed applies from the nose of the train.

21 minutes ago, Gazz292 said:

Do all speed changes start from when the nose of the loco passes the signal / sign?

I know on German and english railways a speed increase only applies when the rear of the whole train has passed the speed change marker / signal, or is fully clear of points if the speed limit was for a junction,
but a lower speed applies from the nose of the train.

No, most of the speed limit increase starts when the entire train passes the new speed limit sign. There are a few exceptions to that rule and substitute signal is one of them. 

All speed limit decrease however, starts as soon as the nose of the loco passes the new speed limit.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...