Server Reboot Transparency

Pixelade

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but i would love if both on the server list (main menu) AND in-game (TAB mode), it showed players when the last time the each individual server was rebooted and when it's rebooting next. I found myself joining a server that dropped me 20 or so minutes in that could've possibly been a server reboot, but since players don't have this information, we don't know if this was the cause for being disconnected or not.

• I agree 3

Yes that is a good idea,

I've only had roughly 40 minute drives tops before today, i got on the server just after a reboot (19:00 UK time, it was EN2 american server, so that was it's midday reboot) 

I had my best run ever of 1 hour and 45 minutes, and got to a part of the map i am sure i'd not been to before.

1 hour ago, Gazz292 said:

Yes that is a good idea,

I've only had roughly 40 minute drives tops before today, i got on the server just after a reboot (19:00 UK time, it was EN2 american server, so that was it's midday reboot) 

I had my best run ever of 1 hour and 45 minutes, and got to a part of the map i am sure i'd not been to before.

I just had my longest run as well. My 6th to be fully completed out of almost 30 attempts now. 🙄

I noticed I joined around 22:15 polish time which is after the reboot. Just finished my run and it's still half an hour before the next reboots start.

Still would be nice if each server had a countdown or a time visible somewhere for when it was going to happen next. Even a warning popup in the corner every half an hour would be helpful. @uetam

• SIMRAIL Team

The servers restart every 3 hours, I'm in EST time zone so for me it's at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, etc. except like Sean said, it's sequential. What that means is, the first server will restart, go back on, the second server will restart, go back on, etc. I've essentially come to expect a restart at 12:00-12:30pm, 3:00-3:30pm, etc. If I am not playing, I will not start until those windows close. Also, I am fairly confident in saying that the server restart will get less and less frequent as they keep fixing up the dispatcher.

Edited by TheShotte

Anyone else having server issues right now. Joining EN1 as dispatcher for PSARY and i've been booted FIVE times in the past 10 minutes. Join back, and it boots me again. It's still 20 minutes until reboot time, so this can't be the reason for being kicked from the server. Is it just this dispatcher post that's causing the server boot? First time it's ever happened this frequently and i'm playing after the new update that dropped last night. @uetam

Edit: I think EN1 is kicking all of it's dispatchers. SEVEN times kicked in a 20-minute window and every time i go to re-join it says 0/11 dispatchers are in the server.. Anyone else having this issue or am I the only one??

gonna make a new thread for this actually

Edited by Pixelade

• SIMRAIL Team
13 minut temu, Pixelade napisał(a):

Anyone else having server issues right now. Joining EN1 as dispatcher for PSARY and i've been booted FIVE times in the past 10 minutes. Join back, and it boots me again. It's still 20 minutes until reboot time, so this can't be the reason for being kicked from the server. Is it just this dispatcher post that's causing the server boot? First time it's ever happened this frequently and i'm playing after the new update that dropped last night. @uetam

Edit: I think EN1 is kicking all of it's dispatchers. SEVEN times kicked in a 20-minute window and every time i go to re-join it says 0/11 dispatchers are in the server.. Anyone else having this issue or am I the only one??

gonna make a new thread for this actually

Man, you need to realize this game is ACTIVELY being worked on. Part of that work is updating and working with the servers, so there may be some issues.

• I agree 3

8 minutes ago, TheShotte said:

Man, you need to realize this game is ACTIVELY being worked on. Part of that work is updating and working with the servers, so there may be some issues.

decided to create a new thread, but now it's impossible to move the character it's completely stuck, but can still interact with the dispatcher computer screens. Of course the game is actively being worked on, and as playtesters it's our job to report things that aren't working correctly, which is exactly what i'm doing here. it would be one thing if they were tiny hiccups, but this game isn't in the alpha stage, so a lot of what i'm experiencing definitely shouldn't be happening this close to when early access for the game starts.

3 minuty temu, Pixelade napisał(a):

decided to create a new thread, but now it's impossible to move the character it's completely stuck, but can still interact with the dispatcher computer screens. Of course the game is actively being worked on, and as playtesters it's our job to report things that aren't working correctly, which is exactly what i'm doing here. it would be one thing if they were tiny hiccups, but this game isn't in the alpha stage, so a lot of what i'm experiencing definitely shouldn't be happening this close to when early access for the game starts.

Press [1] to reset the view. A good thing is to go to game options at first 🙂

// to check the key bindings, e.g.

Edited by hyzwar

4 minutes ago, hyzwar said:

Press [1] to reset the view. A good thing is to go to game options at first 🙂

// to check the key bindings, e.g.

gonna check integrity of game files and will give it another try. it's so weird this is the first time having the issue of not moving.

it sucks being the only person with a very specific issue cause then nobody else will really take it seriously. 😕

2 minuty temu, Pixelade napisał(a):

gonna check integrity of game files and will give it another try. it's so weird this is the first time having the issue of not moving.

it sucks being the only person with a very specific issue cause then nobody else will really take it seriously. 😕

This happened to me as well but pressing the [1] key was the solution.

This will teleport your avatar to the starting position in the office \o/

Edited by hyzwar

1 minute ago, hyzwar said:

This happened to me as well but pressing the [1] key was the solution.

This will teleport your avatar to the starting position in the office \o/

pressed 1, still no response from W,A,S,D or SPACE keys... wtf ☹️

alright let me restart my computer, then the game again. 😕