20kph limit due to substitute signal in Dabrowa Gornicza

When passing a substitute signal in the area of the Dabrowa Gornicza station, a 20kph limit is imposed on the player even though the F2 HUD clearly indicated a 40kph limit ahead. Does this have a special reason or is this just a bug (either concerning HUD or the actual limit)? Additionally, everywhere except in Dabrowa Gornicza, a substitute signal imposes a 40kph limit.

This inconsistency within the game (or some rule I unfortunately don't know yet) is especially annoying for me as I'm used to playing without any HUD (just the pure instruments and the paper timetable).

20240811223148_1.jpg

Edited by RelaxXio

And what was the signal on the semaphore? If it goes to the replacement signal (white flashing) on the automatic block, the speed is limited to 20 km/h

Take a look at the left side of the picture
Crossing gates are open. In that case you may only approach and cross at 20km/h

Don't know if the dispatcher was a player but he should have told you about the open crossing in the first place

• Like 1

The 40km/h in the hud prior to crossing the signal is kind of a bug. Normaly all substitute signals should mean that you have to slow down to 40km/h. In your case you are released into an SBL block (Automatic Block Signaling) in that case the roule of permissive driving kicks in. That means if you are driving onsight through an SBL you have to do that with no more then 20km/h until you crossed a signal that is not showing S1(Red/ Stop signal). The substitute signal implied that you have to drive onsight.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 2