Is this world record?

oh some people will cheat at anything, 

There's a guy whos altered his steam stats to have the highest 'score' all the time,  yet his km/s driven and dispatcher hours don't add up to the score he's given himself, so it's obvious. 
That's why i'm all for hiding the whole points thing, it has no use in a train driving and signalling simulator, 

it's ok in a game where people need to score points to keep them interested.... like on tsw where you score points for pressing a button you are told to press  :

ooohh you pressed the wiper button, have 500 points for being so clever, and oh wow.... you pressed the horn button when we told you to, have 1000 points for that....  and ..... oh damn, looks like we can only give out so many points in total to people on the consoles, so now we have to make the game seem like it's new again to reset the scores for the consoles.... welcome to tsw-27. 

IF they wanted to score us on anything in SimRail, it should be on power efficiency, timeliness, keeping the system running on time, giving a good gentle ride to passengers and so on. 

not just giving us all 250 points for every station we stop at no matter if we are 3 hours late on exactly on time... because some people moaned at getting negative points for running late. 

• Like 5
  • I agree 6

I am retired BR Gazz, so when i run these trainsims. I tend to try and do everything properly. Points scoring is the furthest thing from my mind.

It annoys me when i get a pop out on SimRail, telling me i got 50 points for sounding the horn in the correct location :classic_rolleyes:.

So i agree with what you say.

• I agree 1

1 hour ago, Atoka220 said:

I mean, if running late isn't the driver's fault, yes, negative points are completely unjustified

which is why i'd prefer to see the popups with 'xxx points for stopping at station on / ahead / behind schedule' hidden. 

do it like Omsi did,  each person gets a driver / dispatcher record card that is filled in as you drive / dispatch, the kind of thing 'management' has in real life for all employees on the railways. 
and you only get to see it at the end of your drive / shift. 

Allowing you to concentrate on driving to the timetable, or dispatch the trains in the right order and keep them on time as best as you can, rather than thinking about points all the time you are driving / dispatching. 

• Like 1
  • I agree 4

13 hours ago, Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:

Why would anyone want to cheat playing a railway sim, it's not a competition :classic_rolleyes:.

and i playing via geforce now, so i dont have access to game files

12 hours ago, Gazz292 said:

oh some people will cheat at anything, 

There's a guy whos altered his steam stats to have the highest 'score' all the time,  yet his km/s driven and dispatcher hours don't add up to the score he's given himself, so it's obvious. 
That's why i'm all for hiding the whole points thing, it has no use in a train driving and signalling simulator, 

it's ok in a game where people need to score points to keep them interested.... like on tsw where you score points for pressing a button you are told to press  :

ooohh you pressed the wiper button, have 500 points for being so clever, and oh wow.... you pressed the horn button when we told you to, have 1000 points for that....  and ..... oh damn, looks like we can only give out so many points in total to people on the consoles, so now we have to make the game seem like it's new again to reset the scores for the consoles.... welcome to tsw-27. 

IF they wanted to score us on anything in SimRail, it should be on power efficiency, timeliness, keeping the system running on time, giving a good gentle ride to passengers and so on. 

not just giving us all 250 points for every station we stop at no matter if we are 3 hours late on exactly on time... because some people moaned at getting negative points for running late. 

Bro i playing via geforce now so i dont cheating

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Gazz292:

i'd guess it's a 'custom' cheat scenario then? 

one of those that you drive 200 meters and collect 2 million points for doing so. 

yeah you strangly dont see the route in the picture 😉 

• Like 1