Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

Wheat draws only in certain lod phase

TheShotte

• SIMRAIL Team

So this is a particularly annoying visual bug. It's probably the only one I really mind at the moment. Some of the grass has some weird LOD issues. I think that it's the yellow grass that has like green grass as like the 2nd or 3rd LOD. All you see is a wave of yellow like 100 to 200 meters in front of you in a circle. 

https://i.ibb.co/WphCLJ3/SR-Yellow-Grass.jpg

• I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team

It's supposed to be wheat with same render method as bushes. Green grass uses something else and won't be cut out in those places. But it should have much longer draw distance, than regular grass.

• SIMRAIL Team
6 hours ago, Stele said:

It's supposed to be wheat with same render method as bushes. Green grass uses something else and won't be cut out in those places. But it should have much longer draw distance, than regular grass.

So is there something wrong with it or what? It's super weird just seeing a yellow wave show up in front of you when you're driving by open fields. Why doesn't it show up close? Also, I would just like to point out that aside from People drawing distance, which I have limited to 350m, all my other LOD distances are maxed, including the grass drawing percentage (does that setting even do anything?), LOD bias is set to 1 and switch distance 90m. 

Edited by TheShotte
  • I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team

I'm not sure if everyone is realizing the issue I am reporting. My issue is not with the wheat or the grass both showing up. My issue is with the fact that the wheat disappears up close.

It can be seen here in this video (at 3:43) - you can mostly see on the left hand side the yellow grass disappearing up close.

Edited by TheShotte
  • I agree 1

• SIMRAIL Team

Okay, I was doing a full line run and figured it out. It looks like it's LOD1 that's missing. When you actually get out of the cab and enter the field, the wheat directly by you draws, then there is a section where it doesn't, then it does again. So, if LOD index starts at 0, LOD0 actually draws, then a latter one LOD1/2 doesn't (unless you zoom in with mouse??), and then the following ones do. I figured the video should help SR figure this out.

Video is in 2K quality, but it's still converting on YT.

Edited by TheShotte