Improvements for Future Updates

Hi! After few days playing hard with SimRail testing the Cargo Pack DLC, I have some suggestions to improve this excelent game: ( Improvement are for both modes, Single and Multiplayer )

- NEUTRAL SECTIONS:

Now with ETCS, and before with signals, it will be a good improvement to make real neutral sections ingame. I don't know, but I think so, that now Overhead Line its only decorative. It will be an inmersive improvement because you need to cut power to the traction motors, open the main switch and then close it again.

- LIVE SCENARIO:

A great upgrade in the game is give movement in the railway environment, like track maintenance or railway workers in stations or trackside in freight terminals talking each other. A great idea that I will love is now when you are arriving to the last station of your train journey, automatically the game close and go to the main menu again. Will be funny to go out of the cab and then other train driver go inside, simulating you finish the journey and the other train driver follow with the train. 

- IMPROVEMENT IN CONTROLLER MODE:

Having the possibility to sit in the chair of the traffic office when you are controlling a station in the same way as when you are driving a train. You can use the same key that is used to sit in the driver's seat so you can be static just by turning the camera while you see the screens. Obviously this improvement would only be valid for modern computer controlled stations.

- LOCOMOTIVE HEADING MOVEMENT:

Improve in-cab heading movement in the locomotive and EMU. Usually when the train is moving have more movment than in-game. Normally passing juntions and switches, or if you have speed limits for some reason related with the tracks.

- RANDOMIZE WAGON AND COACHES TEXTURES:

It will be fantastic have some textures for the same wagon or coach, changing the UIC number ( I don't know if SimRail have dynamic numbering ) and the appearance of the rolling stock. For example: dirty wagons with different type of weathering, clean wagons, patched textures, graffiti textures.

- RUNNING SOUNDS IN ROLLING STOCK:

Same as textures mentioned before, same with sounds. Each wagon or coach have his own sounds, for example if you have a flat wheel, brake rub sounds, buffers tounching each others, and coumping sounds when you accelerate or brake. I don't know if there is a limit of sounds in the same time.

- COACH DOOR OPEN AND CLOSE:

When you are in a station, to be more realistic, the door of the coaches opens and close randomly, giving the feeling that the passangers are boarding or leaving the train.

- INSPECTION TRAINS: 

In Multiplyer sometimes we can choose "Maintenance Trains" ( ZGE / ZNE / ZXE / ZHE ). Searching in Internet, some Track Maintenance Trains we have different types, but for me the better option is create specific rolling stock like Inspection Coaches like this ( UIC: 99 51 9362 002-9 ) or ballast hoppers.

Inspection Coach from PKP

This are only some ideas from all I have to improve the game to make something spectacular, funny, realistic and inmersive. 

If u are interested I will post more ideas. I don't know that if is difficult or hard to implement something from the list, but, I think that is interesting.

Work hard you're doing a great good job! 

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

21 hours ago, Marc Artigues said:

- COACH DOOR OPEN AND CLOSE:

When you are in a station, to be more realistic, the door of the coaches opens and close randomly, giving the feeling that the passangers are boarding or leaving the train.

Individual passengers walk up to the doors at platforms, open the doors, get in and close the doors behind them,  
This applies to the manually opened doors on the older carriages. 

They also do the same with the electric doors on the modern carriages, they open the door and get in, then the beeper sounds and it closes behind them. 

Similarly when they are in a train and want to get out, the open the doors and get out. 

:

With the commuter trains where the driver operates the doors, all the doors are opened and closed at once,  and passengers get in and out as needed... they even walk inside the carriages and find a seat and sit down.

Things like this is how it is in Poland, SimRail has a few real life train drivers and dispatchers on it's team to help get things modeled and coded true to real life at the time the sim is set (2018)
The parent company SimKol makes simulators using original train parts for driver training, 

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 2