Working ZEW 3 for MP AI Dispatchers

Posted (edited)

A little idea came to my mind, since ZEW 1 and ZEW 3 do nothing at all right now in MP, how we could change that at least for ZEW 3.

Everyone knows the situation, you drive a slower train, you get pulled out on the side track by an AI dispatcher and without the use of external tools (or looking at the TAB screen) you would have no idea, how many trains the AI dispatcher intends to let it overtake you, what trains, how far they're out approximately and so on.

So how about this: When we press ZEW 3 while standing in front of a red signal in an AI dispatched signalbox, the AI Dispatcher gives us a status update in the chat.
Just an example, that I currently have on screen and how that could look like:

The player is driving 14141 and the AI dispatcher in Szeligi pulls you out, so the Pendolino 1641 can overtake you there.
As soon as the player stops in front of e.g. Signal S in the station, he presses ZEW 3.
That player in 14141 gets a personal message from the AI dispatcher in his chat like "Train 14141, you're being overtaken by train/trains 1641, <Insert additional train numbers if more overtake it>. Approximate waiting time: X minutes." (PS: If it eases calculation burden, the approximate waiting time could just be based on the timetable, so the AI doesn't actually calculate a waiting time here.)

So basically the AI is just giving a status update based on it's dispatching logic, the ZEW 3 wouldn't influence the AI dispatcher decision itself here.

Edited by Azrael
  • I agree 17