ED250 - Traction Lock Not Releasing Properly

Hi team. Long time no bugpost.

I'm not attaching my log right this second because I don't believe it's relevant; a number of other people have voiced on the discord toward me they have the same issue so I don't think it's a one-off.

The ED250, after any application of air braking, goes into traction lock; which is normal. However once the traction lock indicator de-illuminates, it remains in effect for somewhere around 30 seconds. You're completely unable to apply power, and therefore can't move. I've had to sit in stations and start rolling back before I could actually start moving. Likewise at signals. It's difficult to maintain speed after an ETCS-ordered slowdown if you follow the braking curve, as it requires air braking. And then you're stuck with the traction lock remaining in effect far longer than it should before you can apply power.

Thank you. Sorry for the trouble!

-Lawliet

• I agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

I would also appreciate an update on this. I bought Simrail about two weeks ago and enjoy it a lot, however, this issue with getting the Pendo to move from its stationary position is driving me nuts.

• I agree 3

The worst comunication ever from the devs and simrail team. There are maybe 2-3 guys working on the project so yeah...waiting for nothing

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still encountering this issue. Has the fix already been merged and this is a regression, or when can we expect this problem to be fixed? I really like the added depth of the ETCS system but can't enjoy it when I am stuck at a signal turning green.

• I agree 3

Posted (edited)

I don't think it has, had it last time aswell. Avoiding the pendo until resolved.

Communication:
I try to not complain about progress of the sim, as it has given me lots of joy so far. But one thing that you could improve as a developer and should be possible to do something about is how you communicate to your customers. Be a little bit more transparant and hopefully you would avoid some of the noise. 

I know very little about software developing, but I gather that most of the content is baked in to "one big file" and can not easily update one line of code.
 Should not take 5 weeks to update brake delay settings in 2 carriages, if that was not the case.

image.jpeg.1ea1c37238e717441f37dd6274a15129.jpeg

Basically, what I am saying, please consider giving us a weekly or biweekly update on progress on fixes and updates. You would be surprised how much people would accept with a little bit of information/context.

Edited by Deadlost
bad sentence formating
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • I agree 4

• 3 months later...