Multiplayer tends to be unplayable

Hey,

since the new update, the multiplayer became pretty much unplayable for me (I mainly use DE1).

I have constant connection issues, where I either can't connect at all (while there's noone else trying to connect, as the station or train becomes available directly after) or my train just becomes stuck at a certain position. Locally, I can move, but my position on the server just doesn't update (so it seems my train is standing somewhere). The only method I can even tell that this happend is by either constantly monitoring my train on the map, or listening to angry dispatchers telling me to go. 

Another issue is that text messages in the chat tend to take ages to be send. The voice chat is also very laggy, which makes communication quite hard.

Sadly, all this in combination (especially the connection issues) make the multiplayer pretty much unplayable for me and I know that after an update many people try to play at the same time causes some issues, but it just can't be that the game becomes that "buggy". With this, I wanted to share my frustration that I have and maybe get an update on when to expect any improvement on server stability. 

Thanks!

• I agree 3

Am 28.4.2024 um 21:08 schrieb Blacky:

Hey,

since the new update, the multiplayer became pretty much unplayable for me (I mainly use DE1).

I have constant connection issues, where I either can't connect at all (while there's noone else trying to connect, as the station or train becomes available directly after) or my train just becomes stuck at a certain position. Locally, I can move, but my position on the server just doesn't update (so it seems my train is standing somewhere). The only method I can even tell that this happend is by either constantly monitoring my train on the map, or listening to angry dispatchers telling me to go. 

Another issue is that text messages in the chat tend to take ages to be send. The voice chat is also very laggy, which makes communication quite hard.

Sadly, all this in combination (especially the connection issues) make the multiplayer pretty much unplayable for me and I know that after an update many people try to play at the same time causes some issues, but it just can't be that the game becomes that "buggy". With this, I wanted to share my frustration that I have and maybe get an update on when to expect any improvement on server stability. 

Thanks!

Did you try to play on DE3 or DE4? DE1 was a bad server to play even before the patch. Although for other reasons back then. I always prefered to play other servers then DE1, because everyone is trying to get onto it. And because of that, more often then not you are to play the dispatching post or train you want to play. Combined with the performance issues on DE1 the other servers are just a better place to be playing on. This fact even resulted in more players playing on them. And so the excuse of "But everyone is playing on DE1" is not valid anymore. And i wish that it will stay like that even if performance of DE1 will get fixed. I am tired of the previously mentioned excuse for not playing other servers then DE1.

I would play on DE3 if it wouldn't be that empty. If I would want that expierience, I could also just play singleplayer.

image.thumb.png.1c4936597a93e07646ae356ba417100a.png

• I agree 2

I can confirm it from Dispatcher side. I saw Blacky today on DE1 trying to drive 443953 while I was dispatching in DGHK. On the HUD his train had a speed of 36 km/h but his train wasn't moving a meter according to the HUD and the map, the distance to the next signal stayed the same. That only changed when he disconnected and the Bot took over.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for reporting this from the dispatcher's view. I actually saw you running around the signal box as I drove by (at least in my game 🙃), but at that point I was already bugged out (at DGS by the way). I then entered DGZ and wondered about the "expect stop" signal. I wanted to check what's in front of me on the map, but then I saw I'm stuck at DGS and left the train immediatly. 

I think that was my last time on DE1 for now (at least as a driver), so far EN1 works far better. Very frustrating, though. 

On 5/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, Blacky said:

I would play on DE3 if it wouldn't be that empty. If I would want that expierience, I could also just play singleplayer.

image.thumb.png.1c4936597a93e07646ae356ba417100a.png

Hi

Are you playing in Germany? As I can see your 334ms ping on DE1, 402ms on DE4, 267ms on DE3, If yes then, Is it possible ISP issue to Amazon server what simrail is hosted on?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I've never actually really paid attention to that ping indicator. Honestly, I took that screenshot right after I entered that MP-section, thus probably causing the high ping. After a short while, the ping stabilizes again:

image.thumb.png.9932b7c99e54282ca39f4e475eee8f2e.png

And yes, my internet is not the best for sure. But as the game has worked just fine before the update, I won't let my bad internet be an excuse for the game not working at all pretty much anymore. 

Edited by Blacky

Yep, same here. Even if it somehow works, you'll get kicked out or happen to be stuck somewhere way too often. Really sad that this hasn't lead to a respond from a developer. 

• I agree 1