Improvements for dispatcher mode

There should be a classification of dispatchers and there should be a way to rate them.

Penalize when:

- An attempt is made to make the wrong itinerary (now only yellow text is displayed in the chat window warning of the error).

- An established itinerary is canceled when a train is too close to the signal.

- The speed of a train is forced to be reduced for not preparing a direct passage itinerary on time.

- You forget to inform the collateral station of the departure of a train

- Does not record the hours in the train passage book.

- If an attempt is made to "troll" at a station, the drivers who circulate through it can vote negatively against the dispatcher and once a sufficient number of complaints has been obtained, lower the level of the dispatcher or even ban him for proportional periods of time.

- etc...

Earn points or achievements when:

- The train is parked on the appropriate platform and track.

- The signal opens so that the train can leave according to schedule.

- If the delay time of a train is reduced.

- etc...

There should be a learning mode, where a lower level dispatcher can join a higher level station and be able to talk to the player running it and see what the player is doing, even though he can't operate the station panel he watches. .

You should not be allowed to level up a station without obtaining a minimum series of points, each level would require a greater number of points or achievements.

At night in some stations you can hardly see the trains, there should be more light on the platforms, you can't distinguish the freight cars from the office.

In large stations like Zawercie it should be possible to program quick keys to store views on the board with maximum zoom quickly, I mean if I press "a" I could position myself to see the board from the middle to the left side (that is, I would see the entries and exits on the Lacy side) and if I press "d" I could position myself to see the board from the middle to the right side (that is, I would see the entrances and exits on the Gora Wlodowska side). This would be very useful for players with small monitors, making operations much faster.

Thanks for everything,

Translated text by Google Translate, sorry.

------------------------------------------------

A continuación en español.

Debería existir una clasificación de despachadores y existir una forma de puntuar a los mismos.

Penalizar cuando:
- Se intenta realizar un itinerario erroneo (ahora solo se muestra un texto amarillo en la ventana de chat que advierte del error).
- Se cancela un itinerario establecido cuando un tren este demasiado cerca de la señal.
- Se obliga a reducir la velocidad de un tren por no preparar a tiempo un itinerario de paso directo a tiempo
- Se olvida comunicar a la estación colateral la salida de un tren
- No apunta las horas en el libro de paso de trenes.
- Si se intenta "trolear" en alguna estación, los maquinistas que circulen por ella pueda votar negativamente contra el despachador y una vez obtenido un numero de quejas suficiente bajar el nivel del despachador  o incluso banearlo por periodos proporcionales de tiempo.
- etc...

Obtener puntos o logros cuando:
- Se estaciona el tren en el andén y via adecuadas.
- Se abre la señal para que el tren pueda salir segun horario.
- Si se rebaja el tiempo de retraso de un tren.
- etc...

Debería haber un modo aprendizaje, en que un despachador de nivel inferior pueda unirse a una estacion de nivel superior y permitir hablar con el jugador que la dirige y ver lo que el jugador está haciendo, aunque no pueda manejar el panel de la estación que observa.

No se debería permitir subir de nivel de estación sin obtener una serie de puntos minima, cada nivel exigiría un numero mayor de puntos o logros.

Por la noche en algunas estaciones no se ven casi los trenes, debiera haber mas luz en los andenes, no se distinguen los vagones de mercancias desde la oficina.
En estaciones grandes como Zawercie deberian poderse programar   teclas rápidas para almacenar vistas sobre el tablero con el máximo zoom de forma rápida, me explico si pulso "a" podría colocarme para ver el tablero desde la mitad hacia el lado izquierdo (es decir vería las entradas y salidas lado Lacy) y si pulso "d" podría colocarme para ver el tablero desde la mitad hacia el lado derecho (es decir vería las entradas y salidas lado Gora Wlodowska). Esto sería muy util para jugadores con monitores pequeños, agilizando mucho las operaciones.

Gracias por todo.

• I disagree 3
  • I agree 2

About the penalization system:

- About setting routes that are not the "normal ones" I would honestly disregard this point entirely as depending on the situation, a path that's not the normal one would be needed in some occasions. 

- Same goes for removing an already set route when a train is close to the signal, I know of similar situations in real life. Be it a failure of the signal or the dispatcher trying to stop a train for a determined reason.

- Maybe the dispatcher wants to put you on an alternative route for "X" reason, be it congestion, points not working, etc...

- At least in Spain, you don't need to inform to the neighbour station if the B.A is working, unless it's a BT, or BTS then there's actually "no need" to inform.

- Is the time written in the timetables updated into the system? I mean, do all people that are checking timetables at the official dispatcher system have the information updated?

- Agreed about sanctioning someone for trolling.

------------------------------------------------------

- Again the dispatcher can set an alternative route for you for "X" reasons, but he/she should inform the driver on this matter (that's what I normally do).

- Agreed on the other 2 points.

------------------------------------------------------

Night at stations is very darn close to reality TBH, I've been in several stations at night and you practically see nothing until the train is in the 1st lamppost, also notice that PKP didn't start refurbishing stations until not so long ago, apart from this, once again I agree. (I'm pretty sure someone can provide a photo of a Polish station at night here)

About big panels, I would love for the panels (be it computer/relay/mechanic) to be able to have 'em in a window, with the possibility of scrolling it (be it with the middle mouse button or the arrow keys).

• I agree 2

the drivers who circulate through it can vote negatively against the dispatcher

No. There are malicious drivers that would abuse the function feature. And remember, dispatchers are your colleagues, not enemies nor servants.

And about the night - yes, night is meant to be dark, pitch dark.

Edited by Pospec76502
words, night light
  • I agree 6