[PL/EN] Yet! Another community SimRail map

b__g

Cześć!

Dzielę się moim ostatnim projektem nad którym pracowałem przez kilka ostatnich tygodni - kolejna odsłona SimRailowej mapy online:

https://simrail.me

image.thumb.png.cc2f5973b4ccc62a0ee60afec096e073.png

Nie licząc "standardowych" rzeczy typu lokalizacja danego składu wraz z informacją o jego lokalizacji oraz czy jest prowadzony przez innego gracza czy bota macie dostępny również rozkład jazdy dla każdego pociągu znajdującego się na mapie oraz informację o jego przybliżonej lokalizacji i godzinie o której powinien tam być 😉

W górnym prawym rogu znajdziecie wyszukiwarkę, w której możecie odfiltrować składy po numerze pociągu, typie lokomotywy czy też po nicku gracza, który dany skład prowadzi:
image.png.a19eaa6b526c2e7d9cc166419943fb94.png

Na dniach opublikuję również rysowanie trasy każdego pociągu na mapie wraz z zaznaczonymi informacjami o zwolnieniach z WOS:
image.thumb.png.f9d26f313ab9c0c697cd4b2697597476.png

Tam gdzie jest to możliwe, na środku ekranu w górze znajdziecie aktualną* datę i godzinę, która aktualnie znajduje się na danym serwerze.

Zaimplementowałem już większość rzeczy, które planowałem, więc chętnie przyjmę uwagi co można by było zmienić / dodać!

ps. Można też klikać w te niebieskie ikonki, które reprezentują poszczególne stacje - wyświetli się Wam rozkład jazdy dla tej stacji! 🙂

-----------------

[ENGLISH VERSION]

Hi!

I'm sharing my latest project I've been working on for the past few weeks - another version of the SimRail online map:
https://simrail.me

image.thumb.png.cc2f5973b4ccc62a0ee60afec096e073.png

In addition to the "standard" things like the location of a given train, along with information about its location and whether it's being driven by another player or a bot, you also have available a timetable for each train on the map, as well as information about its approximate location and what time it should be there 😉.

In the upper right corner you will find a search button, where you can filter the trainsets by train number, locomotive type or by the nickname of the player who is driving the train:

image.png.a19eaa6b526c2e7d9cc166419943fb94.png

In the days to come, I will also publish a drawing of the route of each train on a map, along with marked information on WOS (Wykaz Ostrzeżeń Stałych /  List of Permanent Warnings) exemptions:
image.thumb.png.f9d26f313ab9c0c697cd4b2697597476.png

Where possible, in the middle of the screen at the top you will find the current* date and time that is currently on the server.
I've already implemented most of the things I planned, so I'd welcome comments on what could be changed / added!

ps. You can also click on those blue icons that represent each station - it will show you the schedule for that station! 🙂

Take care!

Edited by b_____g
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7

only thing that puts me off using this map is it's stuck in dark mode,   and during the day i like to see the map with all the greenery showing, as i can see the maps details better... like where there is a forest and where it's a field, a lake / river etc. 

3 godziny temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

only thing that puts me off using this map is it's stuck in dark mode,   and during the day i like to see the map with all the greenery showing, as i can see the maps details better... like where there is a forest and where it's a field, a lake / river etc. 

Soon it will be possible to switch between day and night mode, while I plan to introduce custom map tiles for better readability anyway

• Like 1

Nice work, though it would be cool if the website automatically scrolls down to the current time on the server when you click on station and automatically jumps to the station the train is currently at.

W dniu 1.05.2023 o 21:36, Gazz292 napisał(a):

image.png.0f38a245b3d34eb4e15e9dd53bb33056.png

Please take a look at the cog button (it is available for logged in users) - you will be able to switch to light mode 🙂

W dniu 2.05.2023 o 20:46, Knalltüte napisał(a):

Nice work, though it would be cool if the website automatically scrolls down to the current time on the server when you click on station and automatically jumps to the station the train is currently at.

I'll add this in near future 🙂

Edited by b_____g

Hi!

Coming back to you with latest updates on the map!

1. You may now use Regular Expressions in the search box. Let's say you want to list all cargo trains? No problem!
Just use 

regexp:\d{6}

in the search box! As you can see if you want to use regexp, you need to use "regexp:" prefix before regexp pattern.

image.png.eed6e66efafe533c3b56e23e763225dd.png

2. As requested by @Knalltüte when you'll open trains timetable it will automatically jump to the nearest station.

3. I rebuilded train details, so we can now see more details (and I think it looks awesome!)

image.png.e12974c2573c45cce3b0ad7b5fb4df15.png

4. Did you noticed this little speaker button? Clicking on it, it will change it appearance and.... you'll hear all station announcements! 
However, there is the catch: 
- it will not work for every train (Pendolino's or cargo)
- announcements are in polish (on purpose as train are currently driving in Poland). When we'll get another countries in the game I'll introduce announcement languages depending on which country train is moving in 🙂

image.png.ba537fe2c7e51f107feedb697f9c63f0.png

Please find short video of how it sounds when you're playing 😉

5. As requested by our wonderful Czech Community I've enabled option to modify settings by non-logged users:

image.png.5cf92c08278532125c3febb7c71e763b.png

6. Just as in the case of train timetables I modified the way of rendering station timetable, so after opening one in will show you a few trains (closest to the current time on the server), but you still may load earlier or later ones. 🙂

image.png.8a74cd265be3b5bcb2a659c67c4662fb.png

An addition for the curious:

image.png.d6017be12f5d50be2f1aa5f53ddfe780.png

In the last week we have served our map for over 1000 players (according to Cloudflare).

Thank you very much for your commitment, all your comments and kind words! Thanks to you, I find the strength and desire to add and improve things almost every day.

And as before, if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know in the comments below!

Have a great weekend and see you in game!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are you able to show the server time with seconds? 

Often the server time is 5 or more seconds behind real time, but also it's handy to glance over and see that departure time is in say.. 28 seconds. rather than just having minutes showing and wondering if it's about to change to the next minute, or has just changed and you have another 58 seconds to wait till departure time. 

Godzinę temu, Aseru napisał(a):

I have suggestions. Add the ability to set the volume of station announcements

Should be added soon,

12 minut temu, Gazz292 napisał(a):

Are you able to show the server time with seconds? 

Often the server time is 5 or more seconds behind real time, but also it's handy to glance over and see that departure time is in say.. 28 seconds. rather than just having minutes showing and wondering if it's about to change to the next minute, or has just changed and you have another 58 seconds to wait till departure time. 

Sorry, but Id rather not. Time u see on a map is not synced often enough to show seconds. There may be like few seconds offset as I have to cache it on my side. 

Maybe, there will be one day, where the API would be more developer friendly and I and others will be able to sync data using single request per minute rather than request per server online as its nowadays.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb b_____g:

Hi!

Coming back to you with latest updates on the map!

1. You may now use Regular Expressions in the search box. Let's say you want to list all cargo trains? No problem!
Just use 

regexp:\d{6}

in the search box! As you can see if you want to use regexp, you need to use "regexp:" prefix before regexp pattern.

image.png.eed6e66efafe533c3b56e23e763225dd.png

2. As requested by @Knalltüte when you'll open trains timetable it will automatically jump to the nearest station.

3. I rebuilded train details, so we can now see more details (and I think it looks awesome!)

image.png.e12974c2573c45cce3b0ad7b5fb4df15.png

4. Did you noticed this little speaker button? Clicking on it, it will change it appearance and.... you'll hear all station announcements! 
However, there is the catch: 
- it will not work for every train (Pendolino's or cargo)
- announcements are in polish (on purpose as train are currently driving in Poland). When we'll get another countries in the game I'll introduce announcement languages depending on which country train is moving in 🙂

image.png.ba537fe2c7e51f107feedb697f9c63f0.png

Please find short video of how it sounds when you're playing 😉

5. As requested by our wonderful Czech Community I've enabled option to modify settings by non-logged users:

image.png.5cf92c08278532125c3febb7c71e763b.png

6. Just as in the case of train timetables I modified the way of rendering station timetable, so after opening one in will show you a few trains (closest to the current time on the server), but you still may load earlier or later ones. 🙂

image.png.8a74cd265be3b5bcb2a659c67c4662fb.png

An addition for the curious:

image.png.d6017be12f5d50be2f1aa5f53ddfe780.png

In the last week we have served our map for over 1000 players (according to Cloudflare).

Thank you very much for your commitment, all your comments and kind words! Thanks to you, I find the strength and desire to add and improve things almost every day.

And as before, if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know in the comments below!

Have a great weekend and see you in game!

Thank you very much, awesome work.

• 1 month later...
W dniu 11.07.2023 o 22:27, Tom_89 napisał(a):

Zmienił się adres strony  ? Ostatni dzień czy dwa widzę że nie działa link

Nie, była migracja między serwerami, żeby ograniczyć koszty utrzymania 🙂

• 1 month later...
14 minut temu, grubaryba napisał(a):

Czy tylko u mnie zapowiedzi nie działają? (mam ikonę głośnika, ale nic nie słychać.)

Dzięki, zapomniałem o konfiguracji CORS po przerzucaniu plików na nowy serwer. 😉

Powinno już śmigać

Edited by b_____g