Następne podsumowanie tygodnia pojawi się 21.09 | The next summary of the week will be published on 21.09

[CN/EN/CZ/DE] SimRail TDRS - Train Data Recording System

Hello, everyone.

We build a system called Train Data Recording System or TDRS to record train operation data. The TDRS can record Driver's Steam ID, Position,   Speed, Signal In Front and more for each train. We hope it can help accident investigation such as AI dispatcher send train to wrong track or dont open signal long time.

We support 4 language:

中文(中国)  (UTC+8): https://tdrs.simrail.cn/zh-cn/

English(UK) (UTC+0): https://tdrs.simrail.cn/en-gb/

Czech / Čeština  (UTC+1): https://tdrs.simrail.cn/cs-cz/

Deutsch(Deutschland) (UTC+1): https://tdrs.simrail.cn/de-de/

Have a nice time.

Edited by 信越重工
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 11:58 PM, Blendzior said:

Thank you for that project.

Would you mind including the polish servers (PL1, PL2, PL3, PL4, PL8) as well?

well, some Polish players accuse this is illegal, because it records their Steam ID, and they consider Steam ID their personal information. There are at least several arguments on Discord, with somebody at first shouting "I'll sue this because I think you violate our privacy", and as they think it's fun and acceptable to mess around on PL2, we respect their opinions and would never include PL servers for we don't have time always arguing with these fun-seekers thinking "this is just a game, don't take it seriously". 

• 3 months later...

We have updated the website

If you want visit please click: Start Page | SimRail Log System

The main changes are as follows:

1. The train log and dispatcher log are merged into the same website. Now you can switch between the two more easily.

2. We have visualized the train speed information, which may help you discover the time of the accident.

_4-7-2024_93154_log.simrail_cn.thumb.jpeg.e32cee8c8b4065fa7c5ea4d73bb495ee.jpeg 

3. [Important] Now you can choose the time zone. If you are playing on a server that crosses time zones, or if the server is not in your time zone. You may encounter trouble converting time zones when viewing log information. This new feature allows you to easily switch between different time zones. Of course, the time zone you have selected will also be clearly displayed on the data page to avoid errors.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:11 AM, CN-BX-3N said:

well, some Polish players accuse this is illegal, because it records their Steam ID, and they consider Steam ID their personal information. There are at least several arguments on Discord, with somebody at first shouting "I'll sue this because I think you violate our privacy", and as they think it's fun and acceptable to mess around on PL2, we respect their opinions and would never include PL servers for we don't have time always arguing with these fun-seekers thinking "this is just a game, don't take it seriously". 

If you removed polish servers due to not complying with GDPR, you should remove all european servers as well, as the law is unified across the whole European Union. It's not a polish thing.

• I agree 1

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

If you removed polish servers due to not complying with GDPR, you should remove all european servers as well, as the law is unified across the whole European Union. It's not a polish thing.

Well, you didn't get the idea. It definitely does not violate GDPR, just we already get tired of quarreling with some Polish players. Other players think it's good, so why waste time with those "I can feel free to troll as long as there are no people around at the moment" guys?

51 minut temu, CN-BX-3N napisał(a):

Well, you didn't get the idea. It definitely does not violate GDPR, just we already get tired of quarreling with some Polish players. Other players think it's good, so why waste time with those "I can feel free to troll as long as there are no people around at the moment" guys?

Freedom of speech and your freedom to do what you want ends when you cross someone else's freedom. Do what you want and however you want, as long as you don't walk into someone's garden with their shoes on. I play on many servers. More often in UA and DE than in PL. And I wouldn't want any player to spy on my activity on the server. That's what game administrators are for, not ordinary players. This surveillance of players is going in the wrong direction. Trolling has nothing to do with it. For example, I simply don't want a stranger, such as you, to have a list of my activities while on duty. Because you don't need it to live. If you want to spy on someone, buy binoculars and watch birds in the forest, deer, moose, wild boars. I can see by the country's flag that you come from Taiwan. Maybe in you and in China you like monitoring and spying on citizens. Living in Europe, I have different habits. So maybe stay on your Chinese server with your toys and don't bring your customs to a country where there are no such customs.

And the game administration should block such ideas that a Taiwanese player has an exact schedule of where each player plays, on which server, at what time. He doesn't need it to be happy. Who cares what time I was traveling with train 14141 yesterday and what station I finished at.

Wolność słowa i Twoja wolność do robienia co chcesz kończy się w momencie jak przekraczasz kogoś wolność. Rób co chcesz i jak chcesz bylebyś komuś do ogródka nie wszedł z butami. Ja gram na wielu serwerach. Częściej na UA i DE niż na PL. I nie chciałbym żeby jakiś gracz podglądał moją aktywność na serwerze. Od tego są administratorzy gry a nie szeregowy zwykły gracz. Ta inwigilacja graczy idzie w złą stronę. Trollowanie nie ma tutaj nic do rzeczy. Po prostu na przykład ja nie życzę sobie żeby obca osoba, np Ty miała spis mojej aktywności na dyżurkach. Bo to Tobie nie jest potrzebne do życia. Chcesz kogoś podglądać to kup sobie lornetkę i ptaszki w lesie oglądaj, sarenki, łosie, dziki. Widzę po fladze kraju że pochodzisz z Tajwanu. Może u Was i obok w Chinach lubicie monitoring, podglądanie obywateli. Ja żyjąc w Europie mam inne  przyzwyczajenia. Więc może pozostań na swoim serwerze chińskim ze swoimi zabawkami i nie wprowadzaj swoich zwyczajów do kraju gdzie takich zwyczajów nie ma.

A administracja gry powinna zablokować takie idee że jakiś gracz z tajwanu ma dokładna rozpiskę gdzie jaki gracz gra,  na jakim serwerze, w jakim czasie. Jemu to nie jest potrzebne do szczęścia. Co to kogo obchodzi o jakiej godzinie ja wczoraj jechałem składem 14141 i na jakiej stacji skończyłem. 

image.png

• I agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CN-BX-3N said:

It's not that simple, you think it doesn't violate, because you don't understand the law. The Steam ID contains information that can lead to the identification of a physical person, so storing or processing it further violates Article 4 of the GDPR by default. Think of it as processing SSN in US or any other national number given by state. The number itself doesn't tell much about a specific person, but if matched against other legal database you could link it to a person without any problem. That's why it's treated as a private data in GDPR definitions. If you work for example in cellular company, you cannot sniff around in the database for any other purpose than handling the customer's request. You would be fired pretty quickly as it's serious privacy violation.

Players can provide explicit permission for you to use this data, for example, to play on multiplayer servers. This is why you must agree to the terms of use to play games like SimRail, DOTA, CS or any online game, as game owners need to process personal data to provide their services. I agreed to the terms of use for SimRail, allowing them to process my Steam data and network details, even data that could identify me as an individual. The terms may also specify that the data can be shared with third-party companies for specific purposes, such as delivering the service. For example, my IP address may be shared with Amazon, who handles the servers. However, this does not mean that companies can use the data however they please. They cannot, for instance, check what controller I am using just to show me ads for train-related controllers.

Whole EU is pretty strict on privacy laws. Your project is pretty much illegal and the only thing keeps you on the surface is SimKol and SimRail being niche/small company. If you did the same to Blizzard, Activision or any other huge company and become popular you would receive cease and desist letters.

The only thing, I can think of at this moment, for your project is to hash the steam ids' with one way hashing algorithm. Obscuring, displaying part of the data itself isn't enough. If you want to know if you algorithm is good and legal ask yourself a question "can I look into DB, take the hash and manually reverse it to link it to specific player" - if yes, still illegal. Then you can count, store and profile the hashes to get statistics which train or stations are being most played etc. Only then, your project would comply to the GDPR data, but still, would probably violate SimKol's ToS of unauthorized processing of the APIs.

Edited by Bazinga

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

It's not that simple, you think it doesn't violate, because you don't understand the law. The Steam ID contains information that can lead to the identification of a physical person, so storing or processing it further violates Article 4 of the GDPR by default. Think of it as processing SSN in US or any other national number given by state. The number itself doesn't tell much about a specific person, but if matched against other legal database you could link it to a person without any problem. That's why it's treated as a private data in GDPR definitions. If you work for example in cellular company, you cannot sniff around in the database for any other purpose than handling the customer's request. You would be fired pretty quickly as it's serious privacy violation.

Players can provide explicit permission for you to use this data, for example, to play on multiplayer servers. This is why you must agree to the terms of use to play games like SimRail, DOTA, CS or any online game, as game owners need to process personal data to provide their services. I agreed to the terms of use for SimRail, allowing them to process my Steam data and network details, even data that could identify me as an individual. The terms may also specify that the data can be shared with third-party companies for specific purposes, such as delivering the service. For example, my IP address may be shared with Amazon, who handles the servers. However, this does not mean that companies can use the data however they please. They cannot, for instance, check what controller I am using just to show me ads for train-related controllers.

Whole EU is pretty strict on privacy laws. Your project is pretty much illegal and the only thing keeps you on the surface is SimKol and SimRail being niche/small company. If you did the same to Blizzard, Activision or any other huge company and become popular you would receive cease and desist letters.

The only thing, I can think of at this moment, for your project is to hash the steam ids' with one way hashing algorithm. Obscuring, displaying part of the data itself isn't enough. If you want to know if you algorithm is good and legal ask yourself a question "can I look into DB, take the hash and manually reverse it to link it to specific player" - if yes, still illegal. Then you can count, store and profile the hashes to get statistics which train or stations are being most played etc. Only then, your project would comply to the GDPR data, but still, would probably violate SimKol's ToS of unauthorized processing of the APIs.

All data would be deleted after the train got respawned again, which is 24 hours. Besides, you are free to check them all the time, APIs are there. If you don't like it, then you should also call all map developers to delete their products, and another dispatch logger to immediately shut down, as they keep much longer records than us. You are not from a community that is very hard to communicate with developers, and always experiencing practitioners doing their tests and destroying the server, making us at least 2 or 3 days without a place to communicate in Chinese. We did this because there were 7 times foreigners came to test and practice, and when we went online, there were always traffic jams that had happened 2 hours ago or the whole server got 100+ trains and became completely destroyed.

This was on very long ago, and it's our kind of "the worst solution". By the way, I'm not from Taiwan, this is my VPN, I'm from the Mainland.

1 hour ago, misiekczołgista said:

Freedom of speech and your freedom to do what you want ends when you cross someone else's freedom. Do what you want and however you want, as long as you don't walk into someone's garden with their shoes on. I play on many servers. More often in UA and DE than in PL. And I wouldn't want any player to spy on my activity on the server. That's what game administrators are for, not ordinary players. This surveillance of players is going in the wrong direction. Trolling has nothing to do with it. For example, I simply don't want a stranger, such as you, to have a list of my activities while on duty. Because you don't need it to live. If you want to spy on someone, buy binoculars and watch birds in the forest, deer, moose, wild boars. I can see by the country's flag that you come from Taiwan. Maybe in you and in China you like monitoring and spying on citizens. Living in Europe, I have different habits. So maybe stay on your Chinese server with your toys and don't bring your customs to a country where there are no such customs.

And the game administration should block such ideas that a Taiwanese player has an exact schedule of where each player plays, on which server, at what time. He doesn't need it to be happy. Who cares what time I was traveling with train 14141 yesterday and what station I finished at.

Wolność słowa i Twoja wolność do robienia co chcesz kończy się w momencie jak przekraczasz kogoś wolność. Rób co chcesz i jak chcesz bylebyś komuś do ogródka nie wszedł z butami. Ja gram na wielu serwerach. Częściej na UA i DE niż na PL. I nie chciałbym żeby jakiś gracz podglądał moją aktywność na serwerze. Od tego są administratorzy gry a nie szeregowy zwykły gracz. Ta inwigilacja graczy idzie w złą stronę. Trollowanie nie ma tutaj nic do rzeczy. Po prostu na przykład ja nie życzę sobie żeby obca osoba, np Ty miała spis mojej aktywności na dyżurkach. Bo to Tobie nie jest potrzebne do życia. Chcesz kogoś podglądać to kup sobie lornetkę i ptaszki w lesie oglądaj, sarenki, łosie, dziki. Widzę po fladze kraju że pochodzisz z Tajwanu. Może u Was i obok w Chinach lubicie monitoring, podglądanie obywateli. Ja żyjąc w Europie mam inne  przyzwyczajenia. Więc może pozostań na swoim serwerze chińskim ze swoimi zabawkami i nie wprowadzaj swoich zwyczajów do kraju gdzie takich zwyczajów nie ma.

A administracja gry powinna zablokować takie idee że jakiś gracz z tajwanu ma dokładna rozpiskę gdzie jaki gracz gra,  na jakim serwerze, w jakim czasie. Jemu to nie jest potrzebne do szczęścia. Co to kogo obchodzi o jakiej godzinie ja wczoraj jechałem składem 14141 i na jakiej stacji skończyłem. 

image.png

As you said, freedom ends when you invade other's freedom. So, that is why we use this to make sure we don't need to always endure foreigners to destroy our equal rights on CN1. Not kidding, not including PL servers is basically our respect because we know you guys would think "yeah, PRC surveillance camera was on", or "communism idiots doing it again". (I'm not Taiwanese, I'm from the Mainland, just use a VPN so it showed like this)

We built this because some people, especially some Polish (I don't like to call their names, but what I quoted is just what they said) trollers doing their stupid tests on CN1. We are not a big community, and a 7-hour or 6-hour time gap already made it very hard to ask for help. You have the freedom to accuse us, and we have the rights and freedom to protect our game experience. This had already been on for like half a year, everything was pretty nice. We already find out 5 trollers and find out the reason why AI acts dumb.

And we promise to shut it down, as long as there are at least some admins who can be online when most people in UTC+8 to UTC+12 are online, or some admins from these areas are hired, so that we don't need to try to wake admins up when it's 3am or 4am or 2am in Europe.